You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby came to wreck » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm

havent eaten at bernie's yet cause im still upset that luncheonette closed
came to wreck

Postby pokethedoke » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Wtf is lunchette? The place there before that was closed. I tried to go in like 12 times and the cooks would be working and they’d say sorry were closed. Fuck em got served by sucking
pokethedoke

Postby pokethedoke » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:52 pm

How is cooking at home cheaper? These meals from the french laundry cookbook ain't cheap.
pokethedoke

Postby Mr Spaceship » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Someone I knew for a really long time in NYC was murdered over the weekend:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html

Police seem to be ruling out robbery as a motive, since his wallet was undisturbed

I have a hard time believing this was anything but a vicious, random murder because he was one of the nicest and most normal guys. I hope the people that did it are caught soon.
Mr Spaceship

Postby delgriffith » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 pm

That's horrible and I'm so sorry for your loss Mr Spaceship :(
delgriffith

Postby Mr Spaceship » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks.

I was not super close, we were more like casual acquaintances but ran in the same circle of people for a really long time and I can vouch that he was one of the nicest and most positive individuals I met in Brooklyn. It's all pretty upsetting.

Link with info for a tip hotline: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/03 ... -shooting/
Mr Spaceship

Postby chad » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 pm

jesus that's terrifying

sorry mr spaceship
add me on habbo: ChadBraddington
chad

Postby Clive » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:42 pm

Looks like the police think he may have fallen?

Regardless, horrible. Sorry Mr. Spaceship.
Clive

Postby abs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:36 pm

So sorry either way.
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾
abs
Queen Witch

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:49 pm

oh god, horrifying
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Mr Spaceship » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 am

Clive wrote:Looks like the police think he may have fallen?

Regardless, horrible. Sorry Mr. Spaceship.

I read this earlier, I'm not sure why the police didn't wait until the autopsy before opening a murder investigation. But I'm not familiar with how these things work.

Sorry to turn this page into such a bummer...just wanting everyone to stay safe.

Thanks again all
Mr Spaceship

Postby Flossed Out » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 pm

lol
choom gang
Flossed Out

Postby churrokbyme » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Flossed Out wrote: lol

The thought that this picture I'm taking on my pixel 3 could go viral at any minute gets me so randy.
churrokbyme

Postby Franco » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:53 am

Another great morning for stationary subways
Franco

Postby gentleman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am

am i the only person who was completely unimpressed by my dinner at olmsted? im sure a lot of it was a failure to match the hype but it was a big meh for me. id much rather eat at faun across the street.
gentleman

Postby gentleman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:31 am

also, anyone going to see heron oblivion tonight in jersey city?
gentleman

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 am

Franco wrote:Another great morning for stationary subways

It's the trains that are supposed to move, Franco
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby pokethedoke » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 am

gentleman wrote:am i the only person who was completely unimpressed by my dinner at olmsted? im sure a lot of it was a failure to match the hype but it was a big meh for me. id much rather eat at faun across the street.

I've heard the same thing 2-3 times
pokethedoke

Postby Franco » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:48 am

i've now been to brunch and dinner at Olmsted and im into it. not gonna flip over it but its sort of a menu and style engineered to my tastes
Franco

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am

Port Authority,

Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby pokethedoke » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:10 am

Its crazy how loved infatuation is when they give every restaurant an 8 something and they always select the worst dishes at the items to get.
pokethedoke

Postby shizaam » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:10 pm

pokethedoke wrote:
gentleman wrote:am i the only person who was completely unimpressed by my dinner at olmsted? im sure a lot of it was a failure to match the hype but it was a big meh for me. id much rather eat at faun across the street.

I've heard the same thing 2-3 times

yeah, went once and enjoyed it, but didn't quite get the hype. also it freezing cold out and a late winter menu, and _extraordinarily_ heavy. should try it again though.
shizaam

Postby pink snake » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Just had lunch at the Ms Maisel/Carnegie Deli pop-up thing. It was really well done and super fun.
pink snake

Postby came to wreck » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm

how long was the line for carnegie deli popup?
came to wreck

Postby pink snake » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 pm

I snagged a reservation so I went right in. Very efficiently run. The standby line was probably over a hundred people.
pink snake

Postby churrokbyme » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:19 pm

I've had a couple of good meals there, but one was an away chef takeover so that doesn't count I guess.

I have, however, had the best sherry cobbler in my goddamn life there from Kelvin, one of their bartenders (this was a couple years ago so he might be somewhere else now).

When I asked if he would be willing to do off-menu drinks because it was slow he asked what I had in mind. Since it was hot, I asked for a cobbler. With a mischievous wink, he proceeded to leave the bar and disappear into the garden.

He came back with a bunch of grapes, and then, over the course of ten minutes, proceeded to slice each grape so thinly they were nearly transparent a la Goodfellas. Once that was accomplished, he built the cobbler with the sherries we had been talking about. He served it in a milkshake glass with a barspoon, reasoning that once I had finished the drink I could use the spoon to polish off the grape must which had been busy stewing in the bottom of the glass in the sherry while I drank the cobbler through a straw.

A memorable cocktail.
churrokbyme

Postby milano boy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm

we had talked about olmsted a while back and i had thought you had said cherry cobbler all this time. i am now glad i forgot to ask about the cherry cobbler for dessert
milano boy

Postby lockheed » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm

the one and only time i went to olmsted was in fall 2016 and i thought it was lovely. we kinda went in blind and it wasn't a busy night, so the whole backyard with the hot toddy's and penfield blankets to me felt very organic and sweet. we were the only guests back there, the sun was setting, etc. then we moved in to the dining room and service and food were both excellent. that was over two years ago, so i have no idea now. i do kinda keep up on the place though, and if i had to guess the owners have a new project in the works that involves big capital investment, or the owners have received additional outside money to continue with developing/refining the olmsted property. that brunch dish they do with the breakfast egg rolls served in their own olmsted branded fast-food style paper box is like straight out of the guidara/meyer/chang playbooks, the kind of one-off shit you can do for fun when you're turning a profit.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.
lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby lockheed » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 pm

i went to faun for the very first time last month. they have a lovely backyard as well and the food is very nice. i picked this phrase up from the dell'anima owners when they closed down recently, but faun is a pretty classic "elevated neighborhood restaurant". totally good and would definitely drop in if i were in the prospect area or wanted a nice lowkey spot off the A.
Nice day if it doesn't rain.
lockheed
big chief asshole

Postby The Emperor's Son » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:40 pm

it's good, it's precocious, but they don't really master anything that gives them a pov so it's a place i never thought about going to again
The Emperor's Son

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....