Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby farmer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 pm

no, he's saying that you would have to "tear it down and start over". complete lie, constructed to instill fear.

and you appear to be saying he's totally being honest and discussing this in good faith.

so... are you just super clueless about these policies or what?
farmer

Postby Durham » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 pm

is this a bikini contest cuz there’s a lot of ass showing in here !!
Durham

Postby murray st. » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Durham wrote:is this a bikini contest cuz there’s a lot of ass showing in here !!

patreon subscribers only, sorry
murray st.

Postby mcwop23 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 pm

walt whitman wrote:
murray st. wrote:
farmer wrote:
murray st. wrote:when politicians respond to public sentiment that favors policies i like, they're being receptive to the needs of the people. when they respond to public sentiment that favors policies i dislike, they're being cynical. this is how we build a moral politics

and when politicians lie, obviously and completely, to tarnish correct policies that would hurt the donor class, i correctly identify them as a total shithead.

isn't the entire promise of medicare for all that it would fully supplant the existing insurance system? what exactly is he lying about, then?

aren't you supposed to be a journalist

if anything these posts confirm it
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby thrasher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 pm

murray st. wrote:
farmer wrote:
murray st. wrote:when politicians respond to public sentiment that favors policies i like, they're being receptive to the needs of the people. when they respond to public sentiment that favors policies i dislike, they're being cynical. this is how we build a moral politics

and when politicians lie, obviously and completely, to tarnish correct policies that would hurt the donor class, i correctly identify them as a total shithead.

isn't the entire promise of medicare for all that it would fully supplant the existing insurance system? what exactly is he lying about, then?

Joe Biden wrote:I don't want to start over. How many of you out there have had someone you've lost to cancer? Or cancer yourself? No time, man. We cannot have a hiatus of six months, a year, two, three, to get something done.
thrasher

Postby ecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 pm

farmer wrote:no, he's saying that you would have to "tear it down and start over". complete lie, constructed to instill fear.

and you appear to be saying he's totally being honest and discussing this in good faith.

so... are you just super clueless about these policies or what?

Yeah

I was being earnest when I said it was smart fwiw
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby cartola » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Listen there are 2 sides to every coin don't you see? Or do I smell a fart?

touch me
cartola

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 pm

the implication of what biden is saying in favor of a public option is clearly meant to scare people into thinking they'll lose the popular parts of obamacare under m4a and very obviously builds off of the astroturf groups' polls suggesting you can exploit those fears even among progressives. he is literally saying "get rid of it." he literally has a paragraph in the email his team sent about it that explains how the ACA "prohibits insurance companies from increasing premiums or denying coverage for the over 100 million with pre-existing conditions, like cancer, diabetes, and asthma" and in the next paragraph explains that "starting over makes no sense to me"

it is a lie by omission along more or less the exact same lines as republicans used in 2018 in anti-m4a ads suggesting democrats wanted to get rid of pre-existing conditions

it is also, yes, smart.

(for what it's worth i agree with murray's implication that, e.g., bernie or warren or even harris are implying that we can actually pass m4a, which we can't, and i think it is probably fair to consider that also a lie by omission. the difference is that m4a is a better, more moral goal than a public option so who gives a flying fuck)
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:56 pm

i swear to fucking god murray do not make me start posting in this thread again in earnest i will find you and pinch your cheeks
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby ecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Key difference there is that a critical mass can feasibly be built for m4a whereas literally no one is pitching a m4a that includes a prolonged lapse in coverage or whatever vague fear Biden is gesturing towards
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
ecto

Postby thrasher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:02 pm

biden is ramping up his scaremongering because dems and voters generally are getting a clearer picture of what single payer actually means, and when they understand it they tend to favor it
thrasher

Postby farmer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm

oh cmon m4a being legislatively difficult to pass isn't a lie of omission, that's absurd. this is just you trying to bothsides this thing.

biden is lying, aggressively and baldly. warren/bernie are not, no matter your personal estimation of the likelihood of that policy getting implemented.
farmer

Postby Mr Spaceship » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 pm

tgk wrote:

this is so fucking dumb.
Mr Spaceship

Postby ecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm

whatever your opinion just make sure you dont think its cynical
ecto

Postby walt whitman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm

ecto wrote:Key difference there is that a critical mass can feasibly be built for m4a whereas literally no one is pitching a m4a that includes a prolonged lapse in coverage or whatever vague fear Biden is gesturing towards

he's using a politics of fear to prevent people from a more equitable, cost-effective, life-saving system that would be better in every possible way. deeply conservative and gross, that guy
walt whitman

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

well luckily the courts are about to tear obamacare down
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby ecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 pm

on one hand it is conservative and gross. but on the other hand, what if it isnt?
ecto

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 pm

i didn't say that biden's statements are equivalent to m4a supporters' on glenn K's pinocchio scale, because they aren't

i just used it as an at-hand example to reject the thesis that pandering, cynicism, omission -- whatever you want to call it -- somehow fails to lead to "a moral politics." i don't care that joe biden is lying! i care about what he is lying in service of
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby walt whitman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 pm

from twitter...looks like the healthcare industry doesn't want biden's plan!

walt whitman

Postby cartola » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Biden of house abides will bend the knee
cartola

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:48 pm

political genius
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Drone warfare beer summit BP spill NSA what else do I have to say WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby coop » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm

coop

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:10 pm

White people with college degrees still love ‘em some Pete
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:11 pm

lol at Beto polling at 0 in that NH poll
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby ecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 pm

lol
ecto

Postby ecto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm

im sure he definitely doesnt know any better
ecto

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 pm

ecto wrote:

lol

yeah zero percent chance I'd vote for this guy
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 pm

I'm gonna move to wisconsin and vote for jill stein
palmer eldritch

Postby tgk » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:21 pm

tgk

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....