Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:34 pm

super gas wrote:
joe wrote:
super gas wrote:the man young noah kills in the opening scene is bartoz right?Toggle Spoiler

Didn't notice a resemblance there or make that connection. I guess it could.be? But doesn't quite fit to me.

found this pic ImageToggle Spoiler

damn
Ferrous Bueller

Postby super gas » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:02 pm

casting is A+++ on this show
super gas

Postby butter » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 am

Best show. There's only one thing that's driving me crazy though: So, at the end of season 1, adult Jonas uses the machine in the cave to end the loop by essentially closing the portal between 2019, 1986, and 1953, right? But in the last episode of season 2, when teen Jonas is with Claudia in the cave in 1987 (I think) he opens the portal back up. Wouldn't adult Jonas have remembered that? What was the purpose of sealing the portal for half a year if he knew the teen version of him was just going to open it again? This is probably something really obvious/that doesn't matter and I'm over analyzing it or something, but it's the reason I'm not asleep yet.Toggle Spoiler
butter

Postby glam2deaf » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:39 am

Is it possible tat adult Jonas remembers that, but he's trying to do it differently? My thoughts were part of the repetition going on involves some characters who are aware of the loop trying to break the cycle and change the future.
glam2deaf

Postby jack » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:47 pm

just finished season 2. i love this show.

the "family" section for elisabeth in this wiki is wild: https://dark-netflix.fandom.com/wiki/Elisabeth_Doppler (big spoilers if you haven't finished s2)
jack

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:13 am

My prediction: Hannah is Noah's (and Agnes's) mom.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby deadwolfbones » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 am

The Nielsen name is a bootstrap paradox.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 pm

the very end of s2 actually made me laugh at how off the rails this thing got. they really leaned in to the sci-fi goofiness.
axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby emotional fascism » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 pm

this is a show.

when is season 3?
emotional fascism

Postby emotional fascism » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:02 pm

like they had to have massive white boards of all this shit with arrows and flow charts and stuff before they even started writing right? it seems too well thought out to make up season-to-season.

reminds me of Primer in the best way.
emotional fascism

Postby zach york » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:38 pm

This is still the best TV thing I've seen all year. I quit the new season of Strangers Things halfway through and just rewatched Dark s.2 :geek:
zach york

Postby chandler » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:48 pm

this show is cool but maybe the could cut back on having every scene filled to the absolute brim with existential dread

it is german though so i guess that's just part of their deal
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:11 pm

gimme dread till I'm dead
Ferrous Bueller

Postby deadwolfbones » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:gimme dread till I'm dead

:lol: :(
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Man I definitely should've rewatched the first season before watching season 2. Absolutely no idea what happened but it was all pretty damn cool Imo.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Someone in the thread refers to the show as a trilogy. Is this show confirmed to only be three seasons long?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby jack » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:07 pm

the creator said that season three would be the "final cycle" when they announced it
jack

Postby joe » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:23 pm

butter wrote:Best show. There's only one thing that's driving me crazy though: So, at the end of season 1, adult Jonas uses the machine in the cave to end the loop by essentially closing the portal between 2019, 1986, and 1953, right? But in the last episode of season 2, when teen Jonas is with Claudia in the cave in 1987 (I think) he opens the portal back up. Wouldn't adult Jonas have remembered that? What was the purpose of sealing the portal for half a year if he knew the teen version of him was just going to open it again? This is probably something really obvious/that doesn't matter and I'm over analyzing it or something, but it's the reason I'm not asleep yet.Toggle Spoiler

I've thought about this a lot and I also can't quite figure it out
Last edited by joe on Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:20 am, edited 69 times in total.
joe

Postby worrywort » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 pm

the answer to that is to complete his personal continuity. if he hadn't done it, young him wouldn't have been able to have undone it. but since young him did undo it (and Stranger him remembers doing so), Stranger him had to seal it for that to happen. all the older-version time travelers have to complete their parts of the continuity or else they'd be erasing the version of themselves that they are.Toggle Spoiler
worrywort

Postby villalobos » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:15 am

great show. think I preferred the first season for the rainy night theme among other things

also love the intros, never skipping them

almost wished season 2 ended the show as a closed loop, with Adam realizing he can't change anything after he sends Jonas back to keep going forever

the alt Martha was kinda goofy but I'm sure they'll make whatever they're planning mostly work
Toggle Spoiler
villalobos

Postby villalobos » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:35 am

the casting was so good, liked this part

Toggle Spoiler
villalobos

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....