Hereditary, Midsommar, Beau Is Afraid (trailer)

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby kid8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:19 am

You guys are witches.
we hardley knew thee.

kid8
killer

Postby i feel fine » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 am

have you considered that you are also a witch?
A I R

i feel fine
i'm ill not sicc

Postby i feel fine » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 am

los angeles review of books? this wasnt even a book. i'm not listening to some hollywood egghead
A I R

i feel fine
i'm ill not sicc

Postby kid8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 am

Are you white?
we hardley knew thee.

kid8
killer

Postby i feel fine » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:25 am

yes
A I R

i feel fine
i'm ill not sicc

Postby alaska » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:23 pm

hope the director's cut gets some kind of release

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/midsommar-directors-cut-details-ari-aster-review-1202166882/

this bit from the review interested me in particular:

By troubling the water in several different ways (more of Jessika Kenny’s ominously gorgeous devotional music, lingering on Connie’s death in a way that emphasizes the Hårga’s obsession with their “pure” white bloodline, and eliminating any doubt that Pelle’s friends were always going to be sacrificed even if they behaved like saints), the director’s cut of “Midsommar” hammers home that Dani’s catharsis will be short-lived. A codependent relationship between two people is no different than a codependent relationship between 200; either you own your pain, or your pain owns you.
Toggle Spoiler
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby Mesh » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 pm

alaska wrote:hope the director's cut gets some kind of release

Yeah, will buy.
Everybody's got a ticket to ride 'cept for me and my lightning.

Mesh

Postby walt whitman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:18 pm

does anyone have the OST for this flick and wanna post it to DB
“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman

walt whitman

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Finally seein' this shit. Gettin a coke frstyle.
it's the suspense that gets me

Postby Thrustin Jeroux » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:57 pm

nice
you are only coming through in waves
Thrustin Jeroux

Postby delgriffith » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Who decided to call it Midsommar and not Hygge Hostel?

delgriffith

Postby Sweet Gregory Pectin » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:22 pm

goofy's dead wife wrote:Gettin a coke frstyle.

what's your flavor of choice

Sweet Gregory Pectin

Postby jack » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/midsommar-directors-cut-details-ari-aster-review-1202166882/

By troubling the water in several different ways (more of Jessika Kenny’s ominously gorgeous devotional music, lingering on Connie’s death in a way that emphasizes the Hårga’s obsession with their “pure” white bloodline, and eliminating any doubt that Pelle’s friends were always going to be sacrificed even if they behaved like saints), the director’s cut of “Midsommar” hammers home that Dani’s catharsis will be short-lived. A codependent relationship between two people is no different than a codependent relationship between 200; either you own your pain, or your pain owns you.
Toggle Spoiler

jack

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:06 am

Sweet Gregory Pectin wrote:

orange vanilla

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:22 am

this probably had my favorite depiction of psychedelics in any film in both it's wonders and horrors. it made all the other stuff it was saying regarding community and non-verbal communication click into place pretty well. i feel like this and hereditary felt both so lived in it makes me want to know more about ari aster's personal life but it's probably better to not esp. if he doesn't want that stuff known.

after sitting on it longer i think i'll probably have a coherent explanation of how the family and boyfriend plots intersect that boils down to it's shift from dry verbal academic discussion to the feast of the senses it becomes in the second half. idk it at least made tonal sense to me.

i wish i had realized the directors cut was coming out on friday we literally went to this showing because we thought it was going to be the last time we could see it in theaters oh well i think this instantly became one of my favorite films i'm down for seeing it again in a week or so. i had to piss during the scene where they were watching austin powers. thats fucked up.

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:27 am

“Tonal sense” is definitely the level st which I liked hereditary, but I can’t act like the intentional plot points not aligning didn’t bug me. I do want to see the directors cut but also, who can justify a 3+ hour movie? Other than wald disnee I mean...
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 am

yeah. it could just come down to a difference in taste. i think i liked jordan peele's us a lot more than the general hipinion consensus for that reason. there's also something concrete about how the people most susceptible to high control groups are new immigrants/people without any grounding in their given culture. a woman with dead parents and a boyfriend that doesn't care about her at all is pretty much prime target for cult susceptibility in a way i don't think most films that deal with that subject matter really take into account. that got to me.

i really enjoyed thinking of this film as picking up where todd haynes safe leaves off on, come to think of it.

You gotta go see avengers endgame. It's 3 hours but it has all the characters so it only feels like 1.

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:37 am

I need to watch it again tbh. Cus I felt almost the exact way I did leaving annihilation, that it was a mess but a super interesting one, and now annihilation is one of my favorite movies of the past 5 years. So we’ll see.
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:38 am

Avengers was good except for all those scenes without Jeremy rennet (17% of the movie).

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:40 am

the anemic tone of the early parts of this film leading into the jump cut on the plane reminded me pretty deeply of how zach braff navigates his life in the early parts of garden state. come to think a lot of this film thematically reminded me of garden state.... sick

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 am

I’m gonna force myself to jack off to garden state (sacrifice) and see if a super good post comes out of that

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Sweet Gregory Pectin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:59 am

goofy's dead wife wrote:
Sweet Gregory Pectin wrote:

orange vanilla

whoa have you tried the retail version

i myself always always always get the cherry vanilla

one of these days i'm gonna garner the courage to do a coke suicide of all the coke flavor variants at once

Sweet Gregory Pectin

Postby Sweet Gregory Pectin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:17 am

alaska wrote:
eliminating any doubt that Pelle’s friends were always going to be sacrificed even if they behaved like saints
Toggle Spoiler

YEAH THAT'S WHY HE INVITED THEM JESUS FUCKIGN CHRIST EVERY SINGLE

Sweet Gregory Pectin

Postby Sweet Gregory Pectin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:17 am

Sweet Gregory Pectin

Postby spix et chicho » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:45 am

simply love when the director’s cut eliminates doubt.
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby Sweet Gregory Pectin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:52 am

Sweet Gregory Pectin

Postby it's the suspense that gets me » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:14 am

the retail version is good but kinda tastes like delsym after half a bottle. the first half is always really good tho

Postby alaska » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:46 am

jack wrote:

Toggle Spoiler

Omg idk if I am gonna be able to catch this in time nooo00o0o
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby alaska » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:47 am

Im glad u liked it gdw

It became one of my fav films immediately also

alaska

Postby Thrustin Jeroux » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:03 am

alaska, if you miss it...i'll send you a copy on DVD.

i love this movie.
you are only coming through in waves
Thrustin Jeroux

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley