HPN SECRET SANTA '18 - check PMs....

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby alaska » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am

Sending pt 1 of my gift today
I wanted more fun tchotchkes and stuff but it hasn't happened yet :/
So I figured I would split it into phases
Phase 1 begins today...expect more soon...
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby rixx » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:05 am

i'm so proud of you alaska!!!

-GS

rixx

Postby rixx » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 am

This upcoming Monday, Feb 18th – I will send an extremely friendly PM to all my Santas, just checking in. I wanna know a) if you've received a package yet (to make sure nothing was lost in transit) and b) if you've sent out ur package yet, with it either being delivered or on its way. If the package is in transit, I will give ur Santee a friendly tip off to expect something very soon : )

This is NOT a scolding "you've been a naughty Santa" email, the only really naughty thing a person can do is outright stop responding to PMs and never send a package. In which case, it'll be my undying mission to have that boarder shamed and ran off the board. Gay Santa does NOT fuck around when it comes to this. However I really don't expect that from any of you!!!! We all have busy lives, I'll be the first to admit and it can be hard to find time to think up gift ideas, make and/or purchase the items, AND stop at the post office, which often has notoriously herrendouz lines.

So in replying to my PM, just let me know what step you're at in the Secret Santa process. If you just need to find time to drop off the packages at USPS, or if you are waiting for a paycheck to purchase the one last essential item your gift needs, or if you haven't started and are stuck thinking of what to get your Santee! If the latter is the case, pleeasee let me know and I can either give you direction, or anonymously ask your Santee themself for some direction. That is a perfectly fine and good thing to do!

Secret Santa is supposed to be a really fun bonding experience for the board around the holidays. I really don't want to be a buzzkill with these PMs or push anyone who needs more time. If you do need more time, that's definitely cool! Just let me know, so I can tell your Santee and give them some relief and peace of mind. And for any Santee in here who is losing hope that they'll ever get a gift, please don't worry. I am standing by my vow to put together a gift package for anyone who needs it, who has a Bastard Santa who took the money and ran. There will be no one who doesn't receive a Secret Santa package, I promise. We've all seen how Separator became a cursed shell of his former self, haunted by the memory of his ghosted santa. that will not happen to you. Gay Santa has you cradled in his very bulky and muscular and hairy arms.

rixx

Postby An Indulgent Mother » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 am

Hey I feel like a bit of an imbecile for posting that I'd have it out within the next week several weeks ago but I finally deposited my package at the post office ten minutes ago and now I just have to wait and pray to God that I haven't somehow messed up in giving them something they can successfully deliver to a foreign country
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

An Indulgent Mother

Postby pantsoclock » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 am

Mine went in the mail on Tuesday. Supposed to arrive next Tuesday.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy

pantsoclock

Postby alaska » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:40 pm

RIXX wrote:i'm so proud of you alaska!!!

-GS

thanks friend. it was a challenge because i suck at doing stuff; but, i'm glad it finally happened
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby goofjan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:06 pm

finally in the mail.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby creamline bling » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 am

I feel a little bad about my hand wringing now... got a wonderful package from my santa. Thanks so much for the beautiful prints and the music!

hideout wrote:i think the problem is that the founding fathers were all really hot, so protections for hot people are ingrained in the constitution

creamline bling

Postby Zardoz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 am

The circle is complete. Thanks Sports Fan! I'm psyched to learn about Bristol and read TGSS. Cheers! and thanks again for the gifts.

Zardoz

Postby The Bee (from nature) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:05 pm

WOW
Fear is an illusion!

The Bee (from nature)

Postby The Bee (from nature) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 pm

this is footage of me opening my package from pantsoclock
Fear is an illusion!

The Bee (from nature)

Postby pantsoclock » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:33 pm

That's right, I got mariavesperi a Nintendo 64.
I pay tax to help pay for things like police..fire..parks..but it goes to Ferguson like people and foreigners who are scamming our stupid government that is full of pasta thieves like this guy

pantsoclock

Postby sadville » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:02 pm

thanks peter! (i don't know what boarder you are)

i got some rad stuff from divine providence :D
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

sadville

Postby sassafras socks » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 am

I received two lovely books from alaska (boarder, not state) :D The Kurosawa was forever on my wish list on an old book trading site I used, so this is a neat coincidence. Looking forward to reading both soon!
sassafras socks

Postby alaska » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:00 pm

it's on mine too now tbh! i had no idea it existed but it looks really cool

xoxo

alaska

Postby rixx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:02 am

Hi all! I'm gonna try my best to review this thread and see who has received gifts, but I'm not sure if everyone has posted ITT who has received a gift.

So if you HAVEN'T yet received a Secret Santa gift, can you please PM me asap? and I will reach out to ur santa and see if they need help and if I can get any updates from them to pass along

rixx

Postby milano boy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 pm

hi i haven't sent or received, but am 100% planning on sending. i am sorry to my receiver, plz forgive me...once you get your package.

milano boy

Postby rixx » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 am

milano boy wrote:hi i haven't sent or received, but am 100% planning on sending. i am sorry to my receiver, plz forgive me...once you get your package.

Thank you for your honesty Milano Boy gay santa appreciates it and appreciates you. I am sure your package will be wonderful.

rixx

Postby rixx » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:38 am

OK I have received a couple PMs and sent out a couple PMs for some updates

if you still haven't received a SS gift, please PM me and I will help ya figure it out!

and if you still haven't sent out ur gift, please don't be paralyzed with guilt and indecision! it is all good, just PM me if you need help and I'll ask ur santee for some more helpful tips and direction. overall this is a very low stakes thing, people mostly just like getting something in the mail, and they aren't expecting you to give them a life-changing thoroughly personalized and tailored extravaganza (but that would be nice of you). if ppl are like me, they will just love anything you give them because it was given with thoughtfulness and love and care. it is a million times better to send someone a gift that you aren't sure about or in love with, than to not send out a gift at all!

thanks all

rixx

Postby creamline bling » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Big thanks to u Rixx for your work running it this year!!!
hideout wrote:i think the problem is that the founding fathers were all really hot, so protections for hot people are ingrained in the constitution

creamline bling

Postby fury » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:11 am

I got my gifts from mr science last month. A tuxedo shirt which I’m sure I’ll find use for, a cool cell phone magnet stand thing, some crazy strong coffee, and an intriguing book. Sorry for not posting sooner! And thanks for everything and the hand written notes were an amazing touch.

fury
ok

Postby The Bee (from nature) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:18 am

Pants genuinely hit me with
RIXX wrote:a life-changing thoroughly personalized and tailored extravaganza

But no presh anyone. I'm gonna post pics so you all know to request him personally for all gift ops in the future. I've gotten such wonderful stuff from the board secret Santa in the last two years I am so blessed.

All my gift elements should be en route now, with the help of some elfen friends.
Fear is an illusion!

The Bee (from nature)

Postby rixx » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:11 am

churrokbyme wrote:Big thanks to u Rixx for your work running it this year!!!

of course!!! <3

thank you mr science and pantsoclock for your virtuoso achievements in giftgiving

if any of you still have not received a gift by next week, please PM me!

rixx

Postby DeVito » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am

Thank you mariavesperi for the gifts. Some very cool dart flights and tickets to the local historical society museum!

Also, the tickets arrive first with no note and no return address but, postmarked from Baltimore. Gave me a creepy "The call is coming from inside the house" feeling at first but, now all makes sense :mrgreen:

Your note was very thoughtful. You're right, I don't know that we've ever directly interacted but, I do think your AV is one of the all-time greats :)

DeVito
Prometheus sucks.

Postby milano boy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 pm

okay.... okay, my package is very near fully assembled. it should go out by the end of this week.

milano boy

Postby blab » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 am

milanooooo

i love my package, thank you so much!!

you nailed it with that book. i started reading it last night and have it in my bag to check out on my lunch break. it's sick how it's like 60% biography, 40% game analysis with biography mixed in.

your painting is v cool and is pretty much my fav kind of gift. i'm going to stick it up on my wall this weekend :) my phone camera doesn't do it justice, so if anyone is looking at this, the colors are smooth, the lines are crisp, and it reminds me the feeling on a mostly clear night when you're watching a single low cloud move across the dark sky in anticipation for it to come in contact with the moon like a celestial costume

already slammed some gummy bears too

blab

Postby rixx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:02 am

o m g nice present milano boy!!!! luv that painting. yr a great Santa

rixx

Postby rixx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:14 am

this is my last call for anyone who has NOT yet received a gift

i'm chatting with one person privately over PM, but if there is anyone else who is still patiently waiting, please PM me and inform me that you haven't received anything yet. Later today I'm going to go through this thread and personally PM anyone who hasn't made a post in this thread about receiving a gift.

Since it's been three whole months and some change since Christmas, we've gotta wrap this thing up sometime. So I am setting deadline of two weeks from today. On Friday, April 5th, if anyone has yet to receive anything, I will be taking over and going shopping that weekend and sending a gift package to that person. I promised at the onset of this that everyone will get a secret santa present and I will keep my word.

If after two weeks, there is someone who still hasn't sent a gift, I will reveal that person's username in this thread. And they will not be allowed to participate in any Secret Santa events on hipinion in the future. I don't want to be Mean Santa but rules are rules and that's what we agreed upon at the onset of all this.

Everyone else, thank you for all the beautiful gifts and lovely exchanges this year!

rixx

Postby milano boy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:47 am

glad you enjoy blab! and once again, sorry it was so late :oops:

milano boy

Postby blab » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm

no worries friend, i totally understand & don't mind :)

i got way into the tigran petrosian book last night. it's timely because the recent world championship match was widely criticized as being boring. it was entirely draws. i learned that the "iron tigran" was a safety-first type world champion who had many haters for that, but he is actually sick as hell and not boring. "iron tigran" is the sickest chess name probably.

blab

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley