Weyes Blood is the best

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am

Yes, due process is a valuable thing, and in criminal cases involving public figures where you yourself weren't there and didn't know what happened, you either have a potentially biased police report or potentially biased media to get a feel for the situation -- essentially rendering discussion no more than a virtue signaling circle jerk devoid of facts.

Certainly never referred to the accuser in that case as a "victim" - though, yes, there have been instances of all types of people - of all genders and races - being victims, believe it or not. Carry on with your irrelevant tangent, though.
Last edited by Contristo on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Contristo

Postby mortimer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am

Contristo wrote:
odilon redon wrote:vociferously defending at length any music critic let alone the white male music critics collectively, you can't get any more perfectly embarrassing

I'm not defending Fantano or music reviewers specifically, but more so the right of any person - regardless of race/gender - to be given an opportunity to discuss art without being immediately dismissed as "unable to relate" before they open their mouths, solely because of their race/gender. I'm defending inclusiveness in the art community while rejecting notions of gatekeeping in any form, especially when they're related to things people can't choose (like their race or sexuality).

I'm arguing against the comment: "Why is this person relevant at all (or any white male reviewers for that matter lol)."

Which essentially states that white male reviewers shouldn't be relevant, and strongly implies that white males are the only identity that should 'stay in their own lane' in regard to art-related discussion. I consider that extremely dangerous.

I'm expressing my displeasure in someone pigeon-holing the life experiences of millions of people, especially in their relation to understanding and engaging in art-related discourse.

I genuinely assume Darlene is not aware of the vast diversity in terms of socioeconomic, sexuality, and other factors among the white population in countries like the U.S., South Africa, etc. It's fine -- there are countries that are extremely homogenous in terms of the white population's socioeconomic and social circumstances, so I'll just assume Darlene lives in one of those countries, and has no knowledge of historical figures like Thabo Mbeki and Jacob Zuma who made white people feel very similarly to the non-white male experience in the the super homogenized white countries.

Genuinely, if Darlene's comment said something like "white people who have never experienced struggles with socioeconomic and/or personal identity struggles should not review art related to socioeconomic and/or personal identity of other races," then I wouldn't have an issue -- but Darlene is actively pigeon-holing an entire race and generalizing.

wtf

log off of red ice, dude
mortimer

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am

idk what Red Ice is, but it looks like far-right extremist thing?

do you genuinely consider it a far-right belief that any person - regardless of race/gender - should be given the opportunity to discuss art on a public forum without being immediately dismissed as "unable to relate" - solely because of their race/gender - before they open their mouths, especially when the art in question is considerably more complex thematically than touting a singular race/gender-driven issue?

if you do agree that white people have no merit discussing art, unless it's made by 'one of their own,' then what are white people under oppressive dictators like Thabo Mbeki and Jacob Zuma able to relate to? just no art discourse for them I guess, since they can't relate to white privilege in any capacity, yet according to hipinion aren't the right color to relate to struggles with experiencing racism, apparently.

far-right extremism is more into mass generalization of people's life experiences and socioeconomic circumstances based on race, which is the opposite of what I'm doing, and is more Darlene's wheelhouse.

I'm trying to engage and ask questions, and I'm just getting 'wtf' and 'log off.' This place is incredibly dull, and racist, apparently. Good to know.

Contristo

Postby odilon redon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am

white men, should at the very least be as aware as everyone else is of how terrible white men are. if there were any justice in the world they really wouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on anything. thank you weyes blood thread for the platform to proclaim this (as a white man full disclosure)

odilon redon

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 am

Good to know you're a racist POS who endorses censorship based solely on one's race. My assumptions prove correct. People like you, who endorse censorship and repression based on race, are wholly destructive to society and sickening.

thank you weyes blood thread for the platform to proclaim this, when things aren't censored yet (though if it were up to odilon redon, they would be!)

I'm going to assume you're unaware that you can simultaneously recognize bad things white people have done, historically, while being passionate about the importance of allowing open discourse in art-related discussions, and how endorsing censorship driven by race - which you're endorsing - is no better than the actions of historical white baddies you're referring to.

Contristo

Postby odilon redon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:20 am

you're a loser dude

odilon redon

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

~*courteous sage*~

Location: Hmm. Are you familiar with the term "executive dysfunction?"

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:22 am

someone who endorses authoritarian censorship by race considers me a loser. I'll gladly take that.

this forum has some gems.

Contristo

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:23 am

Love the Elliot Smith/Beatles vibes on Every Day. Sat on a nice pier tonight looking out at the still water getting high to this album. Lovely.

~*courteous sage*~

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:24 am

P.S. You can't be racist to white people.

~*courteous sage*~

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:24 am

God how do I make a slide guitar sound like that

~*courteous sage*~

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 am

Darlene wrote:P.S. You can't be racist to white people.

Censoring a group of people based on their race - which odilon redon actively advocated a couple posts back and you strongly implied with your post on page 2 - isn't "racist" to you?

racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

You do realize you can't change the definitions of a word to your liking, right? Censoring speech based on race is discrimination, in every legal sense. I'd love to hear how authoritarian censorship decided solely by race is not "racist." Genuinely, I want to hear this argument.

I mean, I just wanted confirmation that some of you advocate for authoritarian censorship based on race, and it's clear you do, and that explains a lot. I'm sorry you have such a hatred for peoples of a certain color. Maybe work on that.
Last edited by Contristo on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Contristo

Postby blurst of times » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 am

water, sunbeams wrote:Won't someone please speak up for white men?

blurst of times
ride.

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am

Hipinion, apparently: "Authoritarian censorship based solely on race is a good thing!"

Contristo

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 am

all white men should be killed

~*courteous sage*~

Postby internethandle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:37 am

Last edited by internethandle on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

internethandle
ok

Postby odilon redon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 am

just to be clear i do think an authority should be censoring champion of white men contristo

odilon redon

Postby mortimer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:39 am

contristo, your tone is really sending your awful posts over the top. can you talk like a normal person? 'peoples' :lol:
mortimer

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 am

~*courteous sage*~

Postby deadbass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 am

deadbass

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 am

Weyes Blood sure sings great, I wish I sang like this, so beautiful!

~*courteous sage*~

Postby jefe górgory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:46 am

deadbass wrote:Image

:ryan:
in the process of making 100k off serie a fan tokens by socios

jefe górgory

Postby delgriffith » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:00 pm

lmao deadbass

Contristo wrote: Webster's defines racism as:

delgriffith

Postby Contristo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:12 pm

mortimer wrote:contristo, your tone is really sending your awful posts over the top. can you talk like a normal person? 'peoples' :lol:

peoples - (of a particular group of people) inhabit (an area or place).

peoples is shorter than 'group of people' and very common terminology in sociology -- weird that me being concise is getting a rise from you.

Contristo

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:25 pm

oh wow
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:26 pm

contristo can you please let us know if you are laughing actually
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby internethandle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 pm

internethandle
ok

Postby tricksforchips » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm

The problem is that people like Fantano or any of those Youtube vloggers, reviewers, critics, or explainers are usually white men mansplaining to everyone how to interpret something -- as if their listeners or viewers have no critical judgement or ability to think for themselves. Whether it's Fantano telling everyone how to read the Weyes Blood album or some Youtube weiner mansplaining the hidden meanings of Boyz n' the Hood; this genre of criticism is dominated by white men. No one's saying you have to like the album or you can't engage in a discourse with people around you about whether you like or dislike the album. It's just that people are tired of white know-it-all men telling others how they should be thinking about art and culture.

tricksforchips

Postby tricksforchips » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm

But yeah love the Movies song - grew on me.

tricksforchips

Postby ~*courteous sage*~ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:31 pm

jesu christ take it to the other thread.

~*courteous sage*~

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley