Postby Sobieski » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:33 am

but full disclosure I didn’t read this thread, the paragraphs they blinded me
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Darlene » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 am

I read part of the thread and got distracted listening to Tool and reading the YouTube comments on Ænima instead.

Kevin Miller
9 months ago
I knew a girl in high school who said this was the perfect album to make out to. I fell in love with her immediately!

anonymous maggots
5 days ago
Kevin Miller YASSS GURL
Darlene

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 pm

bunejug wrote:

this is the confusion re: communication models i was alluding to earlier

a person hypothetically? seemingly? asserting moral? cultural? superiority in this instance through this reaction gif-level gutless substanceless positionless nothingness

in response to an Actual Person who is Actually Physically Producing the Material to Which You Are Responding

is morally abhorrent

and i am totally grossed out by you

I'd wager that the Commentary Internet has overseen a dissolve between publicly reacting to second-hand accounts of traumas incurred by non-present third parties (e.g. "fabio takes bird to the face on rollercoaster" newz item triggers need in televisual tiny-minded person to seek appropriate Game of Thrones gif to signal "_________" about their relation to culture) and feeling that your actions are consequence-free when interacting with a person who can talk back to you

really, genuinely think about responding to posts about invasive thought patterns and suicidal ideation in this way

to a person who's publicly admitted to having a severe "echo chamber" effect of interior manifestations

who does not recall the compliments but frames and mounts every insult in the reflection room.

truly repiulsive

pana wrote:I don't know if there's a valid reason you have haters but i remembered our mild beef in the fashion thread and i wanted to say I'm over it fwiw. It's still kinda shitty to shit on people's very recent purchases in threads like that (give it a few weeks maybe) but you know.. it's fine. I'm trying to be less sensitive about that stuff but at the same time i was trying to make the sneakers thread a judgement-free zone at the time and even used the "improved" fashion thread as an example to follow. I've since stopped caring and I'm back to nihilism over community spirit. Cheers

i feel about the clothing industry in ways that are only degrees removed from the way that most of you feel about the border situation and i have really lived that life and meant it since i was a teenager and i offer no apologies for scolding people for the overconsumption of slave-made post-modern novelty trash as though there are no negative externalities. i have absolutely taken part in that kind of behavior myself, always in full contempt of myself and usually at someone else's behest, but the trend-bound Fashion-oriented end of the clothing industry in particular is invisible distant death.

i don't recall having ever had any "beef" with you as i don't recall having had "beef" with most people as i don't take most of the less-explicitly political (fashion is very political but you understand) or IRL-oriented threads here personally

i can't really take people who conflate their purchases with their sense of self apart from augmented visual performative identity seriously so if it's "sorry not sorry" then sorry cuz I've Never, but it's whatever dude, Vitamin Water under a prohibitively expensive tollbridge
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ
Sissy Spacerock

Postby hologram » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Junebug is a bully and now I don't post anymore
hologram
acid casualty

Postby alaska » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 pm

i remember when mystery meat posted here in a style v different from House Style and was taken for a troll. that sucked tbh

all else aside i do like when posters do something " weird". i mainly post in like classic Hipinion all-lowercase concise slightly-too-long-sentence mode / posts which only say "hell yeah"

but like, when i started spending more time on here i was lonelier than i've ever been and nearly suicidal. i resented aspects of the culture here, but decided that engaging in a way i felt was earnest and sort of optimistic about what a text-based (relatively) anonymous platform founded on discussions of interested parties' attachments to various cultural objects could do. i'm in a much less grim place and so i spend less time making long ass earnest posts in here about rock bands or whatever, but idk i like to think that this is a place with room for experimenting with different communicative modes. words are completely insane and crucial and incomplete i think sometimes we underrate the intensity and stakes of a place where people use them and basically only them. i think there's a lot that's fucked and alienating about this, maybe more than is good, but i'd be lying if i said when i started posting here it wasn't with the conscious intent to experiment with what i could learn about myself and the world through a very specific set of formal writing constraints, with the knowledge that my writing was (maybe sometimes) being read and thought about. style is an exercise in feeling out a way of being and idk idk idk this post is ludicrous hitting "submit" now
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby alaska » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:08 pm

this is all to say literally nothing about the situation at hand i'm just rambling per usual. best, alaska
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby grindrdaddy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:17 pm

damn the plainman and junebug posts in here are fucking abhorrent. really unbelievable even for them
grindrdaddy

Postby Sobieski » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 pm

damn somebody should collect all the grindrdaddy posts and publish them as a book, because they’re gold! each and everyone of them, gold!
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby john plainman 2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm

i gotta stop posting (again)
john plainman 2

Postby carlagain » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm

I think that junebug is probably about this thread seeming to be a quitting the board thread, not encouraging you to kill yourself. many people probably did not read your post, and just habitually hate ur form
carlagain

Postby carlagain » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:07 pm

plainman I think the board is better with you on it. i think the best thing you can expect from this message board is to be mostly ignored, especially if you’re trying to experiment or whatever, and maybe that’s ok. i think I’m probably well on the way to becoming the thing I hated though, and I certainly don’t condone any bad posts, ever
carlagain

Postby carlagain » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 pm

something crazy about language, a message board, is that I’m sitting right next to you, like just right there
carlagain

Postby traced out » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 pm

carlagain wrote:I think that junebug is probably about this thread seeming to be a quitting the board thread, not encouraging you to kill yourself. many people probably did not read your post, and just habitually hate ur form

i feel like that has to be the case, because sissy's mental state is beyond having a Really hard time right now. so much so that it is clearly affecting him beyond mood disorders, encroaching into his sanity. i also think people tend to react violently to aggressive and inscrutable mental illness, triggering some uncanny valley level repulsion.

sorry to treat you like a zoo animal in this post sissy. i also went through a Really hard time for awhile and lost a decent amount of my humanity, and now i spend my life just sort of being walked around by myself, a lightly adorned, barely haunted human
traced out

Postby NegativeCapability » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Sissy seems perfectly fine to me but hey I could be wrong. Anyway #teamsissyspacerock
Back where I bong... behind my desk, changing the world. Using that giant brain to make some magic.
NegativeCapability

Postby Sobieski » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:18 pm

I definitely value sissy spacerock’s posts and syntax and lexicon and stuff

but i don’t think past indiscretions in fashion thread’s should be like entirely forgotten either

my posts are messed up right now though, i need to stop using like outdoor voices inside, loud east coasters and east coast espresso has me messed up right now lol lol
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby dcm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Haven't read past pg 1 but

Destroyevsky wrote:big fan Sissy, fuck the haters, and hope to see you here still

+1
dcm

Postby alaska » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:43 pm

full disclosure i have never once opened the fashion thread. didnt even really know we had one
mactheo wrote:
alaska
ride.

Postby terminus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 pm

when u get dragged by a sissy post

we gotta be normal, we can't be weird
terminus

Postby dcm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Sissy sent me my, to this day, warmest winter coat for free. Aside from his voice and perspective which is wholly unique on here, he has provided me with literal warmth at no cost.
dcm

Postby Hal Jordan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:09 pm

hi sissy
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby Hal Jordan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:13 pm

i'm pretty tired, too
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby winjer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:13 pm

sissy has always been great and is very easily one of the best parts of this place right now.

your posts are the highlight of my Hipinion Experience these days. wish you could find more peace, friend. sending you love.
winjer

Postby Sobieski » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:16 pm

i don’t mean like bad outfits i mean like part of the reason why bread was modded and part of why zona was made

i think anyway??, it’s been a long time i’m like halfway remember it anyways i don’t remember sissy doing anything too bad besides having strong advice lol i don’t wanna spread calumny or anything somebody can probably tell the story a lot better than me
Last edited by Sobieski on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby odilon redon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 pm

meta discussion about the relative value of other hpn users and who is a “good boarder/bad boarder” is the most grating, tedious shit and is predictably engaged in by the actual worst ppl on here

says me a bad boarder
odilon redon

Postby odilon redon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:38 pm

sissy you’re a cool cat and/or dawg
odilon redon

Postby antoine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Obligatory

antoine

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Sobieski wrote:i don’t mean like bad outfits i mean like part of the reason why bread was modded and part of why zona was made

i think anyway??, it’s been a long time i’m like halfway remember it anyways i don’t remember sissy doing anything too bad besides having strong advice lol i don’t wanna spread calumny or anything somebody can probably tell the story a lot better than me

i feel about the clothing industry in ways that are only degrees removed from the way that most of you feel about the border situation and i have really lived that life and meant it since i was a teenager and i offer no apologies for scolding people for the overconsumption of slave-made post-modern novelty trash as though there are no negative externalities. i have absolutely taken part in that kind of behavior myself, always in full contempt of myself and usually at someone else's behest, but the trend-bound Fashion-oriented end of the clothing industry in particular is invisible distant death.

i don't recall having ever had any "beef" with you as i don't recall having had "beef" with most people as i don't take most of the less-explicitly political (fashion is very political but you understand) or IRL-oriented threads here personally

i can't really take people who conflate their purchases with their sense of self apart from augmented visual performative identity seriously so if it's "sorry not sorry" then sorry cuz I've Never, but it's whatever dude, Vitamin Water under a prohibitively expensive tollbridge

i dont know what zona is and i have never really had any idea who is a mod here

i don't think we use computers similarly

this is another example of the sort of bizarre conflation of public-private personas as celebrity news items to kick at btw
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 pm

terminus wrote:when u get dragged by a sissy post

aside from being very wrong probably about most things landing strip dude is right on here
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ
Sissy Spacerock

Postby antoine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Arizona jeans
antoine

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....