Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shame dawg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Really great posts last page by everyone - my 2 cents from my experience would be that I never really felt like spider man had a terribly difficult time at any point in this movie, aside from the illusion trap scene of course. Also kind of felt like Mysterio was on borrowed time the second he left that projector behind, any momentum/menace faded pretty quickly - although his resulting determination in spite of this worked on its own level for me, I get it.

I liked it, but Homecoming was just tighter all around to me. Also not sure why the credits stuff is getting such a holy shit reaction online.
shame dawg

Postby scrambled » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:45 am

oh also for all my euphoria-heads, i totally freaked out at that zendaya shot at the carnival
scrambled

Postby werd » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:52 pm

Jake g is so good

I didn’t like how they wrote zendaya in this one, she felt younger than last movie
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby goofjan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 am

lots of rumors floating around about next week's SDCC presentation.

I know it's extremely unlikely but with Strange 2 using Nightmare as the villain, could be a good time to introduce Sleepwalker.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby reversemigraine » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:27 am

Among the rumors currently on the Marvel Spoilers sub are:

- Hugh Jackman as Doom or Nightmare
- David Harbour as Ben Grimm
- Aja Naomi King as Ororo in BP2
- Feige open to integrating Netflix characters / actors into future movies
- Something about how the Disney / Sony Spidey deal stipulates that FFH needs to make x amount of money for Disney to continue using the character.
reversemigraine

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:14 am

After this weekend, Endgame is 7 million away from the worldwide Box Office record
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

Venmo: @hipro or PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?
An actual homeless person (tho not on the streets fwiw), so, you know, help is nice!
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:19 am

reversemigraine wrote:- Something about how the Disney / Sony Spidey deal stipulates that FFH needs to make x amount of money for Disney to continue using the character.

By next weekend, it'll be the highest grossing Spider-Man film worldwide and is likely to be the first ever billion dollar Spidey film. Unless this threshold is above 'considerably better than any other film in the franchise', gonna guess Sony is all good
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

Venmo: @hipro or PayPal: paypal.me/binspace because I am a very broke person and maybe you are not?
An actual homeless person (tho not on the streets fwiw), so, you know, help is nice!
buriedinspace

Postby virile » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:33 am

https://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-contract/

this says they gotta clear a billy
virile

Postby goofjan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:47 am

my gut reaction to these:

- Hugh Jackman as Doom or Nightmare: Nope. No way.
- David Harbour as Ben Grimm: Proooobably not.
- Aja Naomi King as Ororo in BP2: Nah.
- Feige open to integrating Netflix characters / actors into future movies: Yeah maybe.
- Something about how the Disney / Sony Spidey deal stipulates that FFH needs to make x amount of money for Disney to continue using the character.: Clear a billion, right? It's definitely gonna clear a billion so it's a moot point.

It's so depressing that Sony probably secretly wants control of Spidey revert back to them so they can make a Tom Holland Spidey / Tom hardy Venom movie, which would be dumb as hell.
goofjan

Postby odilon redon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 am

justin theroux doom
odilon redon

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 am

odilon redon wrote:justin theroux doom

yeah i used to be Team Mads but this is my pick at this point

i don't hate Harbour for Ben

the Netflix thing, I woulda assumed they'd scrap all that, but after the JK Simmons thing, i'm not surprised they're open to it
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby shacky » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 am

daredevil s1 is better than any of the movies, i reject any other daredevil or kingpin
shacky

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:57 am

I think I might agree, and I wonder how much of that is just liek, these characters work better in smaller serialized stories, whereas mostly, each movie has to be like An Event, and i'd rather read some random daredevil comic run than some event comic where he has to fight Thanos or whatever

kingpin rules too but also
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby reversemigraine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 am

God, every time I watch that scene (which has basically been every week since it went up on Netflix), I'm always taken aback by how brutal the beatdown is.
reversemigraine

Postby reversemigraine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:20 am

I feel like the Harbour / Grimm thing is simply dumb fan-fantasy based solely on the fact that he just did a prosthetics-heavy comic-book movie.

I think Disney would pass based on that alone, and especially because it was clear from Day One that no one was excited about Harbour as Hellboy.
reversemigraine

Postby goofjan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 am

reversemigraine wrote:I feel like the Harbour / Grimm thing is simply dumb fan-fantasy based solely on the fact that he just did a prosthetics-heavy comic-book movie.

I think Disney would pass based on that alone, and especially because it was clear from Day One that no one was excited about Harbour as Hellboy.

well also Harbour added fuel to the fire by saying something like, "I'm excited to be adding this thing to the MCU." then he walked it back.

Rainbow Brittle Kid wrote:I think I might agree, and I wonder how much of that is just liek, these characters work better in smaller serialized stories, whereas mostly, each movie has to be like An Event, and i'd rather read some random daredevil comic run than some event comic where he has to fight Thanos or whatever

while I definitely do not agree that Daredevil S1 is better than the movies (or any good at all), I totally agree that the MCU could use smaller serialized stories. FFH is kind of along those lines in the sense that it just shows how ordinary jerks can take advantage of a post-snap/blip world. I think a lot of smaller threats in that environment are much more interesting than one big threat because it also highlights the aftermath of Thanos's attacks. it's not wrapped up neat and tidy. even though Thanos ultimately lost, there are ripple effects.
goofjan

Postby Viz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 pm

I downloaded the second part of X-men Grand Design and I had forgotten that Rogue out and out steals Carol Danver's powers and they become her power set for a long while.

If they re-introduce Rogue and Mystique to the MCU via taking her powers in Captain Marvel 2 or whatever, that would be a pretty sweet lead-in for the Mutants.
Viz

Postby spix et chicho » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 pm

no Theroux has to be Namor I accept nothing else
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby spix et chicho » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:58 pm

also I always forget Theroux wrote Iron Man 2
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby neuartillery » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Has Theroux talked at all about doing Iron Man 2 in terms of whether he had a positive experience? Curious if he'd stay away from further MCU involvement.
neuartillery

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:11 pm

spix et chicho wrote:

no Theroux has to be Namor I accept nothing else

ah shit that's good too
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby dreamshake » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 pm

keanu would be the best namor
hologram ride the whip
dreamshake

Postby spix et chicho » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Keanu is old and Namor is shirtless literally always
spix et chicho

Postby dreamshake » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 pm

i mean if that's your criteria you can't beat jt but keanu would nail it
hologram ride the whip
dreamshake

Postby virile » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:33 am

okay hear me out for namor

virile

Postby badhat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:28 am

its actually a little surprising charlie day hasnt been in the mcu yet, huh?
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby Science » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:43 am

I like Charlie Day for Multiple Man.
Science
Prometheus sucks.

Postby virile » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:01 am

Science wrote:I like Charlie Day for Night Man.
virile

Postby tgk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

woot woot

tgk

Postby Montague Terrace » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:10 pm

I think they'll probably try to integrate x-men/ff into the mcu naturally, the way they did with the avengers, through side characters/post-credit scenes

like in dr strange 2 there might be a post credit scene where strange realizes there's some dude using telepathy to seek out people using a brain broadcasting device, aka cerebro. cut to: charles xavier, young, shirtless, with hair and able to walk

meanwhile in black panther 2 they'll bring in namor and storm, because this movie will actually be set in Africa (maybe? I hope?)

in captain marvel 2 she meets corsair and the starjammers, and they ask her to take his three kids back to earth (but she loses one of them)

ant-man 3 would be a good time for some F4 stuff

I'm just spitballing here obviously but it might be kind of neat but could also feel real shoehorned
Montague Terrace

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....