Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby chowder julius » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 am

ooooooo I'm into this

related question: is there something in between a tank top and a sports bra i could wear to keep my boobs like medium supported? something lightweight, no elastic bands, no concern about aesthetic appeal as it would be something for me to wear around the house. i have big boobs and don't like going completely without support when i'm lounging but haven't figured out what moderately supportive and unobtrusive thing to wear. i guess i just need some like stretchy camisoles in a size too small?
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby donna martin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:54 am

This might be more elastic than you're up for, but I really like these bralettes from Torrid. Not nearly as constricting as underwire or sports bras but keep things in place. Also it says padded but they're just small, removable chicken cutlets you can take out (i do, anyway).

i actually wear them out of the house sometimes.
donna martin

Postby chowder julius » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:56 am

ooooh I like that but the lace is gonna make me itchy. but i will look thru torrid bralettes! I have owned some in the past. think I nerd to focus more one like fabric ones rather than lace because while those are cute they get destroyed so easily in the wash
chowder julius
sweet girl fucking with an evil sorcerer

Postby donna martin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:01 am

yeah, i usually hand wash them for that reason, but overall i replace them more often then i would regular bras. also, ymmv, of course, but i haven't found the lace on that particular style to be itchy. just kind of there.
donna martin

Postby port » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:46 pm

port wrote:
galactagogue wrote:i like palladiums. they are aesthetically more prominent tho. im a hi-tops person for the most part and it's rare that i wear non hi top sneakers.

for something less rugged but still very comfy i like my reeboks

I might actually give both of these a try. I think the Palladium's will feel like too much shoe for me but maybe not? And the Reeboks are simple and inoffensive which is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I didn't like the feel of the Palladium's as much as the Reeboks, which I got in black and are the most comfortable sneakers ever. I feel like I'm walking on a cloud when I wear them. PLUS I get a lot of compliments. Thanks G!!!
port

Postby mich » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Chowder I really like uniqlo’s seamless bras. There’s a very thin elastic but it’s not very constricting.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women/bras ... iew=414908
mich

Postby mich » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Ugh, read the description, they change up their stuff often, I’m not sure if they are as good anymore. This new version has integrated cup padding. The ones I have are removable and I took them out and left them out and they prob way more fit what you are looking for if you could still take it out.
mich

Postby bill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:32 am

i have a uniqlo airism cami which basically serves this purpose for me, it comfy
bill
ok

Postby galactagogue » Wed May 08, 2019 9:29 am

Man there's nothing that sucks more than paying $60 for a haircut but since you have curly hair you have to waitlike 2 weeks to figure out if they did a decent job or not.

Totally did not do a good job. I basically need another haircut cus he didn't shape anything at all. I haven't had a good hair day in so long !!! >:(
I wanna call to complain but I have such a hard time being that person... but $60 is a lot to pay for some to just sloppily cut your dead ends and then do NOTHING else. >:((( hmphh
I know what you did last summer, but i just don't give a shit
galactagogue

Postby mercenaries of slime » Wed May 08, 2019 11:33 am

i feel your pain :(

so few hairdressers know what to do with curly hair!!

i just wear mine straight now bc curly is too much of a hassle and i've never walked out of a salon feeling good about myself
mercenaries of slime

Postby mercenaries of slime » Wed May 08, 2019 11:36 am

although today i spent 40 mins trying to get my hair super sleek, only to get rained on and come back home looking like this

mercenaries of slime

Postby galactagogue » Wed May 08, 2019 11:43 am

lol.my hair is so lumpy right now it's awful. i look very poorly groomed and not in a fun way.
galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 am

Where do you guys shop right now? I'm itching for some new clothes but everything feels so bland and i can't bring myself to spend $100+ on things that have a lesser-quality equivalent for $30 and looks equally underwhelming.

idk i feel trapped in an aesthetic fashion world of Moms on Xanax or something. I used to think clothes were fun.
galactagogue

Postby theta » Sun May 26, 2019 11:07 am

100% agree that the fashion moment right now is totally moms on xanax. i buy pretty much all my clothes vintage on etsy or ebay now.
hologram wrote:also music is done and already happened so enjoy all that Sisters of Mercy while you can
theta

Postby Merciel » Sun May 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Yeah, all my clothes are either vintage or consignment too. I haven't bought anything new except socks, underwear, and workout clothes in a while.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby galactagogue » Sun May 26, 2019 1:20 pm

something really disappointing is happening where EVERYTHING, even mediocre designs are like 150$.

and nothing is particularly 'designed' or stylized. it's all recycled ideas anyways. They're not even all ethically made or something !!
galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Women's fashion is becoming Men's fashion :( but swap like 'wacky Hawaiian' shirts for floral prints and that's about as wild as things get.
galactagogue

Postby Weasel » Sun May 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Anyone have a favorite place to buy wear to work outfits that aren’t boring? My new job for the summer and potentially future full time employer is pretty chill on the dress code and I have a few outfits that are nice ish but I could use a few good additions to the closet rotation.
No.
Weasel

Postby donna martin » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:33 pm

when someone prints "summer cocktail finest" on their wedding invites, does that mean gold wedges are nice enough?

it's a friday evening wedding. catholic church. reception at what looks like one of those nice indoor/outdoor event venues. i've heard tale that some people think this means full-length dresses (i disagree) but the wedding hashtag is #webejammin so i'm getting a lot of mixed messages.
donna martin

Postby Merciel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:23 pm

If you have a picture handy I could tell you for sure, but in general, yes, gold wedges should be absolutely fine. Shoes are generally the least important part for hitting a dress code. I mean, don't wear like sneakers or Birkenstocks, but if it's partly outdoors (and especially if it's outdoors on grass or otherwise such that sharp heels would be an actual physical hazard to the wearer and also probably ruin the shoes) and it's a "cocktail" dress code rather than black tie/white tie, you're 100% totally fine with stylish wedges.

I packed exactly one pair of hard-wearing sandals for the entire vacation we're on, and that single pair of sandals will see me through everything from hourslong city tourist walks to fancy dinners at luxury hotels. It's all about how you dress them up or down.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby donna martin » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:05 pm

it's these

not sure if it's outdoor at all, just noticed the venue can do both and it seems nice but not especially fancy or anything. might wear it with this, which might be a hair too casual for an evening wedding, but, whatever, i'm just a cousin-guest:

or this:

donna martin

Postby mancubz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Merciel I disagree ! I think shoes dictate whether an outfit is dressy or casual 100%
Anyways, I’m for #2
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

Johan POOPLER wrote: i'd rather live another 50 years with an untouched nutsack than be rent from the platonic embrace of my sweet, beloved bitch.
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby snitch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm

donna martin wrote:

i love this!
all day breakfast wrote:somehow i always come in here meaning to ask about socks and leave thinking about existence

ImageImageImageImageImage
snitch
ok

Postby galactagogue » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 pm

mancubz wrote:Merciel I disagree ! I think shoes dictate whether an outfit is dressy or casual 100%
Anyways, I’m for #2

ditto on all accounts
galactagogue

Postby Merciel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm

Shoes are great, I agree with the consensus pick on #2.

mancubz: I guess it depends what else you're wearing. I totally see your point and I can easily imagine scenarios in which I agree; I just don't think that way reflexively because it's not how my own wardrobe tends to break down.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby donna martin » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Lol, #2 has it. Thank you all.

Though a few glasses in last night, I also ordered this. I'm kind of on the fence and think I'll probably still stick with #2, though.

#1 is cute with a pair of sandals, so I think I'll use it for brunch and that type of stuff.

But yes, agree re: shoes tipping things into too casual or dressed up -- mostly I was trying to decide if I could get away with dressier wedges, since none of my heels really went with these dresses and I didn't feel like buying more heels.
donna martin

Postby galactagogue » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:55 pm

#2 feels little more flirty and fun
galactagogue

Postby donna martin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am

I think you're right. #2 it is. Thanks all.
donna martin

Postby donna martin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:32 am

Weasel wrote:Anyone have a favorite place to buy wear to work outfits that aren’t boring? My new job for the summer and potentially future full time employer is pretty chill on the dress code and I have a few outfits that are nice ish but I could use a few good additions to the closet rotation.

Just saw this. Did you ever find anything? And what are your aiming for? Business casual, or more like some dresses?

Depending on how casual, I like modcloth for summer dresses. There are some vintage and consignment stores in DC I use too.
donna martin

Postby mancubz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:33 pm

i put purple dye in my hair and didn't wanna buy 100 gloves so now my hands are very purple
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

Johan POOPLER wrote: i'd rather live another 50 years with an untouched nutsack than be rent from the platonic embrace of my sweet, beloved bitch.
mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....