Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby odilon redon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:43 am

really not fond of devils rejects but i crush hard on halloween 2 and lords of salem especially
odilon redon

Postby Peter Criss » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 am

jalapeño ranch wrote:I'm in dire need of some actual good horror recommendations to push me through a lull in my attempt to hit 365 movies this year. I'm insanely ahead of schedule (currently at 268 movies) but I just started then stopped about a dozen different movies because they were just too terrible to continue. Maybe I should give myself a brief hiatus.

Here's what I've watched so far listed roughly in order of favorite to least favorite.

https://letterboxd.com/brettmpeter/list/horror-films-watched-in-2019-im-a-masochist/

Some recent ones I've watched that I generally enjoyed that I didn't see on your list:

Return to Horror High
Cheerleader Camp *
Hide and Go Shriek *
Sweet Sixteen
New Year's Evil
Uncle Sam *
Next of Kin *
Murder by Phone *

I could upload the titles with * if you would like, the other ones I watched via streaming services
Peter Criss

Postby jalapeño ranch » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Any of Cheerleader Camp, Hide and Go Shriek, Uncle Sam, and Murder by Phone would be great!

I love Next of Kin, I've been meaning to rewatch it but I'm pretty sure it's on Shudder.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby Peter Criss » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Awesome, and I just remembered that I actually grabbed Uncle Sam from the db, it's in the shitflix folder. I'll up the others tonight.

Next of Kin really is incredible, I'd been meaning to see it for ages and it totally delivered.
Peter Criss

Postby haddonfield » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:10 am

aububs wrote:
jalapeño ranch wrote:

Oh wow, this movie is so ridiculous and entertaining.

blood rage is great. have to admit, when i watched it a few years ago, i kept getting confused between todd and terry and wasn't 100% sure what happened at the end. it was cool tho. enjoyed it a lot. i liked how even tho todd had the blood rage and was killing everyone he was actually a pretty fun lovin' and right-on guy

yeah i just watched this and this movie's tone is all over the place in the best way. like those extended scenes of louise lasser sobbing on the phone looking for her boyfriend are honestly affecting, plus *that* ending. wasn't even shocked to find out this is from the same guy who wrote jacob's ladder.
haddonfield

Postby emotional fascism » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 am

emotional fascism

Postby neck » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:29 am

that certainly looks like what i'd expect.

"chances of survival are less than one in a billion"
neck

Postby aububs » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 pm

i don't really like any of rob zombie's movies and i doubt i'll watch that
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Ampersand » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

I'd rather he do something else, but that looks good.

Looks like we won't be getting much Spaulding, though. :(
Ampersand

Postby futurist » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:33 pm

hope it turns out to be more stylized than the trailer lets on

happy belated to sid haig
futurist

Postby neck » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Ampersand wrote:I'd rather he do something else, but that looks good.

Looks like we won't be getting much Spaulding, though. :(

yeah, i'm looking forward to it. hope my comment didn't come off as dismissive. just that it looks very "rob zombie", which i like.
neck

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:41 am

i don't think the other movie thread would appreciate this, but i just watched "Zapped Again" and boy, look at this director's filmography

https://letterboxd.com/director/doug-campbell/

Stalked By My Doctor*
Stalked By My Doctor: The Return*
Stalked By My Doctor: Patient's Revenge*
Stalked By My Neighbor
Stalker Club
Stalked At 17
Accused At 17
Betrayed At 17
Missing At 18

*starring Eric Roberts
Toggle Spoiler
futurist

Postby aububs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:46 am

seriously incredible filmography

I haven't seen zapped again, didn't even know there was a sequel to zapped
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 am

been considering bugging everyone in this thread with my recent 80's muscle worship action and T&A sex comedy exploits, but wasn't sure if it would fly
futurist

Postby aububs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:49 am

please do
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 am

if anything it's made me rewatch NOES2 and realize that Freddy's Revenge is the only truly gay T&A sex comedy. and people wonder why i am the way i am....
futurist

Postby Ampersand » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 am

futurist wrote:i don't think the other movie thread would appreciate this, but i just watched "Zapped Again" and boy, look at this director's filmography

https://letterboxd.com/director/doug-campbell/

Stalked By My Doctor*
Stalked By My Doctor: The Return*
Stalked By My Doctor: Patient's Revenge*
Stalked By My Neighbor
Stalker Club
Stalked At 17
Accused At 17
Betrayed At 17
Missing At 18

*starring Eric Roberts
Toggle Spoiler

We are huge Doug Campbell fans in the Shit Flixe. Dr. Beck is on our Rushmore.

futurist wrote:been considering bugging everyone in this thread with my recent 80's muscle worship action and T&A sex comedy exploits, but wasn't sure if it would fly

please!
Ampersand

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 pm

recent (non-horror) trash watches

&

Zapped (1982) & Zapped Again (1990) - not as funny or nuanced as like, Weird Science, but decent 80s teen stuff. someone on letterboxd posted that if a gag where a map of florida has a ballsack scribbled onto it makes you laugh, then look no further

Deadly Prey (1987) - probably a classic on vhs action at this point. so many good aesthetics, mullets, waterbeds, denim short shorts, troy donahue emotionally eating worms in the woods... great to watch, but dialogue and story were meh

Venom - Seventh Date Of Hell (1984) - not the best Venom performance, but Venom is always a fucking blast

Deathsport (1987) - not nearly the best Mad Max riff, but lots of great homemade futurist almost sci-fi elements. needs more bang though.

Blood Debts (1985) - bizarre, nonsensical, rigid, strange, very cool

L.A. Crackdown (1988) - love me some joseph mehri action trash, but this turned into quite the "heartwarming" after school special. hope the second is better.
futurist

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:05 pm

oops, i'll fix the photos when i post more later
futurist

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:21 pm

I know there was a thread for tracking down old movies but I can’t find it. Whenever I see old vhs covers I’m reminded of a movie I would see at the video store but never rent that looked reminiscent of early 80s Chuck Norris Cannon flicks, but the hero on the cover was illustrated wearing a glove with spikes on it(?). The back of the box had a screenshot of nasty gore, like you couldn’t even tell what you were looking at. I’m pretty sure it had a goofy name too. We would laugh at it every time, but now I can’t find it on the internet. :(
Down n dirty rufus

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm

?
futurist

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:32 pm

It was similar to that but trashier looking, like it could have been something from pre-full moon Charles Band. I might be messing up some of the details. But definitely something about a glove and nasty gore on the back.
Down n dirty rufus

Postby futurist » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:40 pm

hmmm, maybe

futurist

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Warmer!

I’ll ask my friend if he can remember any other details

Edit - it may have been

Down n dirty rufus

Postby landspeedrecord » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

the fifth cord (1971) dir. luigi bazzoni

is this the most overlooked/underrated giallo there is? franco nero plays an alcoholic reporter who is being framed by a serial killer. it's a classic premise, and the plotting isn't exactly stellar, but it's all about the style

vittorio storaro shot after the conformist, and his compositions are just utterly gorgeous. great use of color and long shots really emphasize the rad italian architecture. morricone did the score, it's okay... not one of his best, I'm afraid

this is currently playing in nyc as part of a series of recently restored gialli by arrow. the dcp print I saw yesterday was eccellente. it screens again on thursday!

https://quadcinema.com/program/fresh-meat-giallo-restorations-part-ii/
rather be an idiot than a sheeple
landspeedrecord

Postby futurist » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 pm

wow!! gotta see that. same director as footprints on the moon.
futurist

Postby Poptone » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:45 pm

i'll second The Fifth Cord, really taught

Nero's a real drunken hunk in it, top ten giallo for sure
Poptone
cat fan

Postby aububs » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:58 am

I've nearly pressed play on the fifth cord so many times, going to watch it asap
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Down n dirty rufus » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:58 pm

Watching Psycho III for the first time since my early teens and it’s pretty fucking great
Down n dirty rufus

Postby hiddenicon » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Any of you weirdos have Blood Hook, The Boogey Man (1980), Night Angel, or The Jitters lying around? Already planning for October and thought I might start stock piling.
hiddenicon

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....