Rec.Music.Phish

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby vhg » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:53 pm

k_uger wrote:FYI y’all - a dude’s about to win a major only shooting par

I love how you only post in this thread
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
vhg

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:00 pm

hey, it’s referential! put your wingsuits on!!
The UC Berkeley expert I spoke with described your approach to boarding -- posting things without knowing whether they’re true in order to juice engagement -- as “sociopathic.” Do you have a response to that?

Bisexual Lightning

Postby vhg » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:19 pm

I was tired
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
vhg

Postby Althea » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Less than a month till the fanbase can start arguing about whatever Trey does or doesn't do at Tahoe night I!

Althea

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm

you’re not wrong tho, I would post golf updates in here without thinking twice

tour predictions: Fikus bustout, Trey brings back the whale, Page sports a flashy new mustache
The UC Berkeley expert I spoke with described your approach to boarding -- posting things without knowing whether they’re true in order to juice engagement -- as “sociopathic.” Do you have a response to that?

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Althea » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Althea

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 pm

<3 6/19/04

my first trip my first show

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Curveball ticket: acquired.

Bisexual Lightning

Postby aqxmission » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 pm

k_uger wrote:Speaking of which, it’s a crime that (to my knowledge) the 12/13/99 Sand hasn’t been released in SBD anywhere.. it’s goddamn triumphant.

Several minutes out of the gate are centered around Page leading the groove while Trey lays down loops and shifts into monotone rhythmic accompaniment in the sort of techno groove style they’d continue to develop through the start of the hiatus.. but when Trey comes back in on lead he gradually leads the band around this repetitive rock riff that just builds and builds before Trey just unleashes, eventually layering that new guitar part over Sand proper as the jam unwinds.. it’s 6/7/09 esque in spirit.. I had previously looked at these great fall 99 Sands as being somewhat interchangeable as just textural explorations, but this one is truly a multi-segmented monster.

As worthy a listen as the 30 minute 12/12/99 Drowned is.. this is 10x better at 23 minutes. It just has a lot more to say. Anyway, 12/12/99 is worth a full listen, I LOVE the first set with very solid versions of Bag, DSky (!), Stash (!!), and Chalk Dust (!!!). Don’t sleep on the rest of 12/13/99 either.. although the second set is constructed a little weirdly, and suffers from a sub par Jibboo (compared to all the great surrounding versions this month), the Sand alone is worth the price of admission, and sets up the Inlaw Josie Wales / Mist combo that follows brilliantly. Another top notch Limb keeps the set in tact as well. Following close on the heels of the ambient 12/3 version and the tranquil, bouncy 12/8 rendition, this one sports an insane climax that the other still-brilliant ones this month lack.

You must have missed From the Archives, Vol. 05, then: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yua35c5q95isr0y/03_Sand_%252812.13.99%2529.mp3/file

aqxmission

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:24 pm

:ryan:

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Fr. Blanc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Killer 10th post aqxmission.

I'm slowly getting back into the groove of things now that my cycle of a lot of dead listening culminating in attending a dead show is complete. Thinking of diving into all this 99 stuff but...is it the right call for summer?

Fr. Blanc

Postby Althea » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:19 pm

A,whole bunch of 99 was played outside in the sun, so yeah it should be great.

Althea

Postby howiep » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:38 pm

I can't get enough of that Chula Vista release. The 1-2 punch of Tube and Rocky Top closing that set would have had be freaking out.

howiep

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:31 pm

oh man, I’m just putting all the pieces together on this wild Phish NYE dream I had last night...

they came from the back of the arena riding giant robots to the stage.. sort of like AT-AT convertibles decked out with costumes and dancers while the PA blasted “I’m Every Woman”.. then on stage they had all these generic pop touring band members join them as they did pop covers for the whole set, notably Taylor Swift - End Game

the funniest part was my reaction to all the horrified hippies and my friends - “I thought it was VERY well played, although I’ll admit you could feel the energy dip significantly”... SO me.

oh, and for reason at one point me and my crew turned into ACTUAL gorillas (possibly via some wonderful drug) and knocked out a guard in the concourse. I don’t remember why, but an SUV was involved somehow.

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:15 pm

12/30/99 is... SO good. they’re just walking on air.

even the Chief Jim Billie stuff is... very heartening and adorable

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Fr. Blanc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Yeah that’s a kind of rare combo of super loose and commanding

Fr. Blanc

Postby jewels » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:09 pm

9/18/99 tube is bonkers good
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?

jewels

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 am

oh hey, this is my pre-Phish MSG bar, site of the 2017 HPN Phish meetup

I guess Bourdain loved it, called it one of the last true Manhattan dive bars (non-cookie cutter “irish“ category)

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 am

“there’s nothing ironic or hipster about this place.. it is what it is... if you’re watching this and this makes you want to come here... please don’t fuck it up!”

<3 amen..!

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Dinosauria We » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:08 am

:D

A great location to have sparkles liberally applied around one's eyes

Dinosauria We

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:40 pm

unbelievable that at the greatest concert in history there was a group of people pathetically shouting for a song they’d never play for 6 hours

maybe I’m just grouchy listening to this aud

or maybe I just think that in spite of how cool a millennial new year’s narration about a boy and his cat would have been, the band chose to play a 6 hour set entirely on the artistic merits of a style of music that was more than just the summation of everything they had done that month, that year, since the Clifford Ball really, but one that you could also argue they seemingly conjured out of thin air, and played once, and only once, that night

thank god they didn’t just play Harpua...

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Dinosauria We wrote::D

A great location to have sparkles liberally applied around one's eyes

that night was such a beautiful gift to oblivion <3

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Althea » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Is that the night we spent like 30 seconds screaming and jumping up and down in the concourse together, but only Dinosauria remembers it (I remember throwing water at someone and running into you)?

Althea

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 pm

then ye remember more than I...

oh what a night

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Dinosauria We » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:09 am

Quigley wrote:Is that the night we spent like 30 seconds screaming and jumping up and down in the concourse together, but only Dinosauria remembers it (I remember throwing water at someone and running into you)?

Yes. We ended up standing behind k_uger in the bathroom line, and when we realized it, we did in fact all scream in each other's faces for what felt like forever. We were all wearing sunglasses at the time, obviously.

And I was the one you poured the bottle of water on. I had temporarily transformed into a skeleton, remember?

Dinosauria We

Postby Dinosauria We » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 am

Also, never forget...

Dinosauria We wrote: Image

Dinosauria We

Postby jewels » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 am

Who’s who in that?
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?

jewels

Postby Dinosauria We » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 am

Dino-Guy-Quigley

Dinosauria We

Postby jewels » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 am

I regret not being in that cuddle puddle

jewels

Postby Althea » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:31 am

Jesus Christ

Althea

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley