Rec.Music.Phish

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Fr. Blanc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 pm

2nd set NICU is insanity

Fr. Blanc

Postby Althea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:05 pm

It feels a bit more practiced and a lot less awkward than it did last summer.

YOU'RE ALONE
YOU'RE ALONE
YOU'RE ALONE

Althea

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm

woah
The UC Berkeley expert I spoke with described your approach to boarding -- posting things without knowing whether they’re true in order to juice engagement -- as “sociopathic.” Do you have a response to that?

Bisexual Lightning

Postby powderfinger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Quigley wrote:Is anyone here doing MPP this weekend, or is it just me and Dino?

I'm going both nights.

powderfinger

Postby shirts optional » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 pm

powderfinger wrote:
Quigley wrote:Is anyone here doing MPP this weekend, or is it just me and Dino?

I'm going both nights.

Lawn Saturday, pavilion Sunday

shirts optional

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 pm

we were definitely due for a seguefest
The UC Berkeley expert I spoke with described your approach to boarding -- posting things without knowing whether they’re true in order to juice engagement -- as “sociopathic.” Do you have a response to that?

Bisexual Lightning

Postby vhg » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 pm

wow just checked phish otr and I'm freakinout man
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
vhg

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Mike totally had that YEM outro.. until he didn’t

super creative first half though, some robot rock

Bisexual Lightning

Postby shirts optional » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 pm

ah damn i wanted YEM tomorrow

shirts optional

Postby Althea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Cool let's try and meet up on lot whichever night it's not raining

Althea

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Bisexual Lightning

Postby vhg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:47 am

Guy Incognito wrote:thread is significantly weirder than i remember

jesus, yeah
vhg

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:40 pm

I like it a lot more on recent listens than I did last summer

the Glide 3 bridge (as I’m calling it) is fantastic, as is the following section with those big, cutting chords from Trey
Last edited by Bisexual Lightning on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bisexual Lightning

Postby vhg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm

fun show last night

takeyour ponchos tonight
vhg

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:34 pm

SCARYWEATHER!!!!

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Althea » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:44 pm

I think we're heading up to the venue for 4:30 or so today. We'll be bearded white dudes wearing shirts that say "LAWN SPATULAS" on one side and PEEL US OFF THE LAWN on the other. I'm wearing an Expos cap.

Althea

Postby aqxmission » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Accidently posted this in the Videogame thread last night... oops!

Inaugural couch tour in the new place. 106" of Trey Face, the Chairman of the Boards, a flailing octopus, a bobbing cactus, and CK5's wizardry :shock:

aqxmission

Postby shirts optional » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:51 pm

should be a good one tonight

shirts optional

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:38 pm

RED FIVE STANDING BY

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:53 pm

well, I am liking this quite a bit

Mercury has leveled up this tour for sure!!! these loops in the Ghost intro!!!!! AHHH!!

Bisexual Lightning

Postby shirts optional » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:00 pm

I'm reporting from the lawn

This ghost is nuts

shirts optional

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm

MOTHER OF GOD

THAT LAWN MUST BE A SMOKING CRATER BY NOW

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:55 pm

I think if I had to expound up how I feel about Phish this tour... I would simply come off like Mr Miner of olden times.. total fluff

so I won't

but wow (I'm going to anyway), they are simply playing the way I want them to play.. doesn't mean I don't have feedback about tightness or set construction some nights, but it doesn't matter since their jamming is verrry 2003-4 to me right now... that is to say often, spacey, and varied, and they have an edge to their type 1 material, like how Trey, Mike, & Page all came back from their side projects really locked into THE GROOVE, it feels as though all 3 have turned a corner or stumbled across some new inspiration simultaneously

it's wonderful... fantastic show.. that second set reads like a dream

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 pm

what if they did the secret set on the racetrack?

or jamming and broadcasting it throughout the track so you could walk around it like a giant art display, never really sure where the band is, sound spiraling around, everyone moving around it in one or multiple directions, like being inside a video game..

I would like that.

Bisexual Lightning

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:08 am

Well, I was all jacked up on Phish with nowhere to put that energy so I ended up writing the following:
Due to some recent real estate losses incurred by a certain member of Phish, the following cost saving measures have been instituted at Curveball effective immediately:

-The Runaway Jim 5k has been shortened to a 1k (mathematician and phan David “ZZYZX” Steinberg will be on site to adjust scores accordingly)
-Craft beer options will only include soon to be expired kegs of “Sam Adams’ Old Fezziwig” and “Farmer Jon Fishman’s Sweet Sweet Home Brew”
-Trey will be singing 30% of his vocals into a megaphone
-Trey will again sing 30% fewer words in Fee and Cavern
-Mike will downgrade his five string bass to a three string bass
-All covers will be replaced by low-cost soundalikes (please hold your judgment until you hear Lead Zeppelin’s - Good Times, Worse Times or Wean’s - Roses, Half Off!)
-In consideration of our sponsors, Jon Fishman will hereby be known as Bud Weiser
-The “Secret Set” will be so tightly guarded even the band won’t know its time and location until it begins
-Due to the maintenance costs and technician fees associated with Page’s ever-increasing keyboard rig, the decision has been made to perform as the original 4 piece lineup featuring Jeff Holdsworth, who will be paid one ham sandwich per completed set and a free t-shirt for his appearance
-“Spinners” at the rear of the concert grounds will be compassionate guided into specially-designed horizontal hamster wheels to provide green power to the light rig
-Any unclaimed wooks at the end of the festival will become full union members of the Watkins Glen pit crew running the nitrous oxide injection systems for drag race competitions

Thank you for your cooperation, and whatever you do, take care of your shoes! Because Phish Inc will be burning any unclaimed footwear for fuel throughout the duration of the festival...

Bisexual Lightning

Postby vhg » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 am

looool
vhg

Postby howiep » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:21 am

i love 2018 phish

howiep

Postby Althea » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:43 am

Mercury! Oh man. Worth waiting three years to see my first one really connected to this version. I appreciated them moving the encore break up so that the whole second set could have that unified vibe. In set I 46 Days felt like a huge version in person, and did Stash have a little Spanish jam kinda jam in it?

Althea

Postby Althea » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:45 am

Lead Zeppelin's Good Times, Worse Times or Wean's Roses, Half Off!!

Althea

Postby Fr. Blanc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:30 am

Gorgeous looking show. How long was set 2? I agree that it’s awesome to see them preserve that chunk and extend the encore. Love 20YL in a spot like that.

Fr. Blanc

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley