Official Nintendo Thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Kenny » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:22 pm

If there is a TV only one, a handeld one and a both one, it only takes a marketing team to make it all relevent to switching
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Zardoz » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:15 pm

brent wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
brent wrote:
lightfoot wrote:why the fuck is final fantasy x $50 lol

ffxii is $50 too, such a bs move. i saw ffvii is out today (for $16) but i think i'll pick up baba is you first.

aren't both games included for $50? hmmm im prob get this through playasia and have that physical cart for x-2

nah i mean ff12 is $50 as a standalone, x and x-2 are combined.

Ah yeah i misread that, thanks

Zardoz

Postby medicore bob dole gimmick » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Hmm maybe time to play FF X again. Ive talked to amazing number of people who think FF X is the best. All 2 of my native Japanese friends are unanimous.

medicore bob dole gimmick

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 am

I've never really given FFX a real shot. I'm not sure if it will be for me.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby coma kid » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:53 am

i really enjoyed FFX at the time it was released, but i could see it maybe not aging so well. i randomly found FFX-2 in the trunk of my car before i traded it in.

coma kid

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:02 am

Is there a video game petition site where I can sign for a FF8 release on the Switch even if it's just an emulator with the PSX roms on it

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby bam » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:48 am

i remember searching for this and read something like square lost the original code for ff8 so they can't port it. a shame because that was inexplicably my fav.

bam

Postby coma kid » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:13 am

bam wrote:i remember searching for this and read something like square lost the original code for ff8 so they can't port it. a shame because that was inexplicably my fav.

Why isn’t there a PS4, Xbox and Switch port of Final Fantasy 8? Preservation may be the answer

coma kid

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:33 am

Two years late, but i'm finally getting to play Breath of the Wild and man am I obsessed with this game.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby ashtrayheart » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:17 am

playing botw for the first time was a top 3 experience in video games for me

ashtrayheart

Postby ashtrayheart » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:18 am

i’ve been chomping through octopath having a ball. the game isn’t perfect but it’s damn good, especially the battle system and sound track. hitting the right nostalgia spots for me.

ashtrayheart

Postby brent » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 am

my current replay of botw has been great...probably hadn't played in over a year until this time. ultimately found the DLC content a little disappointing but considering the low price, not much to complain about

brent

Postby Viz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:43 am

I need some BOTW talk. I started over after never finishing it the first time.

Maxing out my stamina first really opens up the world and let me get better weapons earlier on.

Mastering the Guardian beam reflect was also key.

Ancient arrows are totally OP.
Viz

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:47 am

we talkin BOTW in here? just started a week-ish ago

i spend a lot of time just aimlessly wandering which means i'm still not all that good (guardians still fuck me up and i don't know what an ancient arrow is) or strong but aimlessly wandering in this game just absolutely rips. i've opened up like 33% of the map lol

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 am

So I started last week? I guess, did a fast playthrough where I got the Master Sword and beat all the blightersToggle Spoiler before beating the game, now i'm going to do more of an exploratory playthrough, get all the DLC, find all the shrines, etc.

Nothing has been very difficult, per se, but some of the boss battles were very confusing at first.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby brent » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:51 am

this is my 3rd time playing through it and while each time i have done shit in a completely different order, the one thing i make the highest priority every time is obtaining the stealth gear asap. this play through in particular, i barely fight outside of a 'boss' here or there. there's no need for me and fighting isn't what makes the game so enjoyable for me, it's just the pure exploration and how immersive the world is

i mostly prioritize stamina over heart vessels too and think revali's gale is easily the best champion's abilityToggle Spoiler upon replaying it

edited to add spoiler tag for a potential later thing since we got newcomers

brent

Postby hector doepos » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:08 am

im curious what the logic behind starting again rather than just working within your existing save is?
hector doepos

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:23 am

hector doepos wrote:im curious what the logic behind starting again rather than just working within your existing save is?

approaching the early quests with the knowledge gained from playing the first time (rather than fumbling towards understanding), starting with a clean slate, etc. I do this a lot.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby Viz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:14 am

Same. It was over a year since my last playthrough and I just wanted to do things again since I forgot almost all of it anyway.

Maxing out my stamina and just being able to glide from cliff to cliff is perfect. There's a lot of open space for just hiking.
Viz

Postby Viz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:18 am

Anyone use the Hero's Path function that came with one of the DLCs? Enabling it on the map shows you the complete paths that you've walked around the map. Really useful for figuring out where you haven't gone.
Viz

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 am

That was the biggest factor in me buying the DLC, I wanted to see where I'd been haha

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:32 am

there's stealth gear? dang

i'm just maxing out stamina and climbing cliffs it's all i want to do in life

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 am

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:there's stealth gear? dang

i'm just maxing out stamina and climbing cliffs it's all i want to do in life

Yeah in the Kakariko village store I believe.Toggle Spoiler It's expensive but definitely worth it. I didn't buy it my first playthrough until I was almost done. Plan on getting it ASAP this time.

Hero's path is great, also love how the map tells you where you croaked with a big red X and "RIP"

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby tgk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:42 am

i dunno, are any of the enemies ever enough of a challenge to warrant stealth gear?

tgk

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 am

tgk wrote:i dunno, are any of the enemies ever enough of a challenge to warrant stealth gear?

It makes gathering much faster, you don't have to sneak up on crickets, fish, etc, you can just walk right up to them and collect.

axelrod gunnarson
ok

Postby coma kid » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 am

stealth gear is clutch

coma kid

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:56 am

axelrod gunnarson wrote:
tgk wrote:i dunno, are any of the enemies ever enough of a challenge to warrant stealth gear?

It makes gathering much faster, you don't have to sneak up on crickets, fish, etc, you can just walk right up to them and collect.

i didn't even think about that--- gathering crickets was a bitch my first time through
Award winning author of threads about Ziggy using Preparation H™ as toothpaste, and Jay Leno being burned alive in his car

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby tgk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:57 am

i don't think i gathered anything in that game lol

tgk

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:57 am

no I mostly kill animals with it.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Viz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:18 am

I love it when I'm stuck in a shrine and trying to get the extra chest and trying fancy sequences to get it, giving up and looking online, and then going, oh, that's it?

Did anyone here 100% the game or come close to it?900Toggle Spoiler kurok seeds is insane.
Viz

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley