Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby kit fox » Tue May 14, 2019 8:34 am

kit fox wrote:Image

I logged on to figure out when that seed popped. been pretty much exactly two weeks I guess, so a little bit less time on #1#3. In that case, I'm not AS concerned about how seemingly slow the growth has been. Once they get their third set of leaves out the growth is pretty explosive, but this strain is pretty slow to get to that point (maybe? I think everything is okay on my end with temp/humidity/water/nutrients).

On Sunday I started another seed, the blackberry diesel. it hasn't popped yet, kind of concerning. I put it in some activated soil this morning anyway because I always worry it's just rotting when it's sitting around in a damp paper towel for more than a day. I'm in no hurry to get this one going but I only have 6 of these seeds so it'd be a bummer to get a dud right out the gate. I do have to remind myself to just be patient and let nature do it's thing, which is hard for me and one of the reasons I'm digging gardening - I have to work on my patience more broadly and this helps somewhat, so saying i'm in "no hurry" is actually a lie I'm telling myself in the hopes I start adopting it, I just don't have any external pressures to get it going quickly.

as for the nutrient line, it seems okay, but there's a ton of stuff to mix. like six bottles every feeding, it's more of a pain in the ass than I anticipated. I used some of the nutrients in a compost tea for activating that new soil, and one was a major mistake. I guess the "aphrodites extract" is made from milk sugars so when the bacteria got hold of that it made the room reek like bad milk. not super bad, just the kind where if you smelled it in the carton you'd be like "hmm maybe it's still good, just smells a little weird? here, i donno, you smell it." I will be replacing that with molasses in future teas. That's a pretty significant drawback to it though, I can still smell a bit of it lingering. I'll hold off on full judgment until I start using the :twisted: :twisted: BLOOM KHAOS :twisted: :twisted:
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby viachicago » Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 am

theres some cat digging up my garden like its the worlds largest litterbox and im ready to wage war
viachicago

Postby galactagogue » Tue May 14, 2019 10:19 am

my tomatillos have gotten pretty leggy from the like 2.5 weeks of grayish days in the last month :( i know it's not a big deal but it makes me anxious. ...though i have like 14 tomatillo plants right now so I'm just being ridiculous.

I'm also somewhat worried my sunflowers look leggy? It's hard to tell because they're the mammoth variety that i know grows super tall too. I'm sure it's a little bit of both...

anyway, i did notice my first buds forming on one of my tomatillos and im freaking outtt :)
I know what you did last summer, but i just don't give a shit
galactagogue

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 am

it looks like a lot of my herbs didn't survive the winter, which is unfortunate (and has never happened to me before)
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby shizaam » Thu May 16, 2019 4:49 pm

jewels wrote:My wife has been binging Monty Don on Netflix and I don’t know if it’s helpful, but it’s balmy as hell.

it's so good.

anyone have any tips for growing cilantro inside? everything else i've got is doing great except for that. worried it might be getting too much sun (near a window)
shizaam

Postby kit fox » Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am

seed attempt #2 failed. popped, but stalled in the soil. seed attempt #3 didn't even pop, I'm trying one more but none of the rest of them look fully developed. one is dried out and cracked open :evil: . I'm already just planning on getting new ones because even if this does grow I don't really trust the genetics at this point, if this "breeder" couldn't even make fully developed seeds. I'm pretty mad about this. they weren't expensive but certainly if only one of them works they will have been.

I started giving the bloom khaos to the autos earlier this week, even at 1/2 strength it's the real deal. they explode with growth within hours of being sprayed. excited to see what happens when they're even bigger. Skunk #1 was transplanted in to its 5 gallon fabric pot today. #3 will transplant next weekend, I don't think its roots are ready. both plants are showing pre flowers though. pretty wild to think they should be done in about two months.

but more importantly I cleaned up the room and now have a proper workstation for all these damn bottles, AND I finally found the perfect place for this drawing my friend made. mildly nsfw so spoiler'd

ImageToggle Spoiler
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Klint » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Started asparagus from seeds in trays inside and they're going nuts. I need to build another bed for them. I also bought bed covers for my eggplants and have been spraying them with pyrethrin regularly. It looks like they're going to make it afterall.

I'm kind of loving gardening and am concerned that we didn't build our garden to be larger. Also trying to convince my fiance to put a small greenhouse on our wedding registry.
mites wrote:going back to ruining my life with drugs and drink and listening to public image ltd
Klint

Postby southpaw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Me too! Built a 8x4' bed out front and filled it and immediately wanted to fill the rest of the yard. We're letting the grass die off and replacing it with clover so I guess eventually I can just plant directly into the ground.

The house we bought has a sweet powered shed where I can start plants and grow ganja but there's also a nicely framed in cover at the edge of the lot and I'm about to just buy clear covering, staple it up, and throw in a LED or HPS since it gets mostly shade
southpaw

Postby sadville » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:28 pm

i now own two post pounders :ahuh:

if the weather cooperates tomorrow, i'll take mad piccs of what i'm growin
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!
sadville

Postby kit fox » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:37 pm

had a pretty frustrating run with those fucking seeds. not a single one of the 6 popped, went to message the person i got them from and their account is deleted. . . hmmmmmmmm

anyway the autoflower skunks are coming along, hilariously the one that started fast has basically stopped growing and is miniature while the other one is becoming a monster. i can't imagine i'll be getting much off the plant on the left here:

over in the corner i started two more of the skunks because it looks like this harvest won't be much. I also started two more of the CBD shark shocks. all of them sprouted easily, so I know it wasn't a problem on my end with those other seeds. I really really liked the shark shock strain and I got less of it than I did the other two, but since I know these are female seeds I can put more time in to the vegetative phase and get them pretty huge without worrying about having wasted all that time on nothing, and hopefully end up with a massive haul. They should be ready to harvest around the end of october and all cured a few weeks after that so maybe i'll have a little bluntsgiving harvest party when they're done. I've got a new tent coming that they'll all go in to until skunk #1 and #3 are done, then they'll be split up and the shark shocks trained under a screen and the autos back in the other tent, which i plan on dedicating to full time autoflower growing.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby kit fox » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:38 pm

wow so in a little dose of karma coming back to me on this, someone i messaged in state about picking up some stuff from a couple weeks ago finally got back to me, and as an apology for the delay in response is throwing in an extra pack for free.

the strain names are embarrassing though, one is "victoria's secret"

but they all have a high number of phenotypes that go purple and that's all i really want
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby kit fox » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:56 pm

I bet y'alls outdoor gardens are really starting to pop by now, let's hear/see what's up!!

I installed the new light I bought, it's a full spectrum so it doesn't hurt my eyes to look at the plants under it, and they appear in their true color, it's been great. They're all loving it so far. I still haven't set up tent #2 though, gonna be a lot of work to rearrange the room to accommodate it and I haven't felt like doing that in the heat. It's been starting to get hot so I want to put it off as long as I can to prevent the room from getting too hot. I feel like an asshole already for having put a window A/C unit in the room to keep it under 90 degrees. probably won't be growing indoors next summer.

The little skunk, #1 #3, is producing flowers with a purple/pink tint. This is amazing! I've said in here that that's what I've wanted to grow since I started. Unfortunately it's still super stunted, though I'm still tempted to pollinate one of the branches with some of the pollen I got from the shark shock. maybe make some pink shark autoflowers that grow really short, which means I could plant like 8 at once and fit them all in the tent, or grow them outside and not worry about them growing over the fence line.

Here's all the plants together. skunk #1 #1 is fucking huge and all the colas are getting very fat with flowers. Skunk #1 #4 and #5 are developing well. Shark #2 got stuck in it's shell and I had to do a little surgery to get it out. It's very far behind the rest unfortunately, but I was probably always going to pick the healthier of the two to bring to flower. We'll see what happens if it starts growing more vigorously soon. Shark #3 is looking really good though and I'll probably be transplanting them all at the end of the week if I get it together to set up the other tent.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby kit fox » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:35 pm

kit fox wrote:wow so in a little dose of karma coming back to me on this, someone i messaged in state about picking up some stuff from a couple weeks ago finally got back to me, and as an apology for the delay in response is throwing in an extra pack for free.

this has been something of an ordeal. dude finally got back to me and says he's gonna give me even more freebies since it's taken even longer. now my package arrives and the one I initially ordered, the one I really wanted, isn't even in there, but now I have this other pack I never even asked for, plus one I got just because it looked interesting but I won't have time to grow it for a few months since it isn't an auto.

can not wait until I can just go to an actual store and get whatever the fuck i want

edit: jk jk it was just not in a pack like the rest, just floating around in a fold of the envelope this dude made from packing tape and plastic
Last edited by kit fox on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby mercenaries of slime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:50 pm

next year i think i'm going to apply for an allotment plot (125m2 to start with) and get really into growing stuff

i want to recreate my childhood memories of chilling at my grandparents' allotment every summer
mercenaries of slime

Postby kit fox » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:14 pm

harvest day for skunk #1 #1:

weighed in at 4.65 oz wet, but it hadn't been watered in 5 days so not sure how dry it already is. buds felt plump and kind of wet still but the fan leaves are obviously pretty much all dry. should work out to ~1.25 oz

here's the rest:

I guess we had some power freakouts in the neighborhood while i was out of town, not sure if my house was affected or not, judging by the position of the mechanical timers I don't think so? but one of my plants freaked out and went in to flower and produced 50/50 male/female flowers. might have just been a bad seed, not sure. but it's thrown in to doubt which plants are which...I put the shark in the big 7 gallon pot so I could grow it really big, but now I'm not sure which is which because the freakout plant was the other shark, and i would have expected something like that from the skunk autoflowers. anyway this has put a bit of a hold on some of the training/manipulation I had planned to do to the shark, hopefully by the end of the week the autos start showing flower so I know for sure which is which.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby brent » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:56 am

cot damn kit fox...i really wish growing was legal here i would do it in a heartbeat

that said, our garden is really popping off now
^kinda weird the curly peppers are supposed to be serranos, but i've never had them look like that before...and a bonus pollinator shot:
brent

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 am

beautiful haul brent !!! :) i especially love that last one.

my tomatillos were a bust. i never succeed with edible plants :// but my sunflowers are about to flower and im so fucking stoked.
galactagogue

Postby brent » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm

upon googling those have to be cayennes. weird
brent

Postby brent » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:06 pm

galactagogue wrote:beautiful haul brent !!! :) i especially love that last one.

my tomatillos were a bust. i never succeed with edible plants :// but my sunflowers are about to flower and im so fucking stoked.

ahh that is a bummer about the tomatillos, but awesome about the sunflowers. with edible plants do you always start from seed? i really have no clue if it actually makes things any easier, but i almost always start using plants (other than lettuce or just flowers)
brent

Postby viachicago » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 pm

kinda weak compared to last year but the spring was awful for planting so dont have a lot to show for the stuff that went in early. corn is basically a bust.

tomatoes have rebounded nicely in the recent heat tho

cucumbers and the sole corn survivors

hot peppers (serrano/habanero/hungarian/cayenne)

only got one round of lettuce/arugula. planted a new crop last week, along with chard/cabbage/pole beans

viachicago

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:16 pm

brent wrote:
galactagogue wrote:beautiful haul brent !!! :) i especially love that last one.

ahh that is a bummer about the tomatillos, but awesome about the sunflowers. with edible plants do you always start from seed? i really have no clue if it actually makes things any easier, but i almost always start using plants (other than lettuce or just flowers)

yeah i started from seeds. and it was my first time ever trying, so i'm not too bummed. i definitely learned what not to do next year and will definitely try again. maybe even do a bit of a comparison game between another homegrown trial and a store-bought variety. This spring was strange too, bc of how cool the summer started out here in Chicago.

my entire garden like WOKE the fuck up about 3 weeks ago. it's been fun but hard to keep up with keeping all these containers reasonably watered.
galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:18 pm

viachicago wrote:kinda weak compared to last year but the spring was awful for planting so dont have a lot to show for the stuff that went in early. corn is basically a bust.

tomatoes have rebounded nicely in the recent heat tho

cucumbers and the sole corn survivors

hot peppers (serrano/habanero/hungarian/cayenne)

only got one round of lettuce/arugula. planted a new crop last week, along with chard/cabbage/pole beans

Via do u guys intentionally use those decorative bricks stacked like to be wall-like or act like dividers? either way, i like it. it's a nice touch.
galactagogue

Postby kit fox » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 pm

damn, some nice ass gardens y'all!!

had to chop another of my plants last night, was showing male flowers. kinda steamed, supposedly male flowers from a fem seed is like a 1/1000 chance so to get two like this is very curious, but it can be triggered by environment so I wonder what happened when I was out of town.

I ended up topping both the remaining plants because I can't tell which is which and lol who cares at this point it'll be a fun experiment, and I'm germinating two more autoflowers (bloody skunk (purple skunk) and rainbow lemon skittlez or whatever the fuck) since I will unfortunately have room for them now.
kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:29 pm

sick gardens fellows
palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:30 pm

we have like 5 types of peppers on two tomato varieties and some cucumbers. baby poblanos are cute.
palmer eldritch

Postby viachicago » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Via do u guys intentionally use those decorative bricks stacked like to be wall-like or act like dividers? either way, i like it. it's a nice touch.

kinda both. the whole "patio" is basically leftover bricks that were in the garage when we moved in, and just kinda laid those down and worked with what we had. the ground shifted over the winter so you can tell its not level but didnt really feel like digging it up all again. we're fine with keeping it a bit wild.

that said i swung by my parents place, and my dad shifted to raised beds for the first time this year and hes completely putting me to shame. the weed/vine situation at our place is kinda out of control without anything to really keep it down, so might think about doing something similar next year

viachicago

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 pm

the japanese beetle infestation in the neighborhood is insane. I highly dislike them.
palmer eldritch

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:34 pm

I've spent an uncountable number of hours ripping out my back yard to make a garden. for the most part it has been highly satisfying.

Then today I finished edging my rain garden with bricks. When I looked out the window to admire my handiwork from afar, I realized I had made it look like a dick and balls.

I guess I'll lean into it because I don't feel like redoing it.
Julius Sumner Miller

Postby kit fox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:45 pm

damn, wrote a whole ass post and it got ate. probably for the best, here's the tl;dr: harvested the purple one, the new autos popped out of the soil already, they're in what will be their final container, auto is definitely in the big pot whoops, both are looking good after the topping. bloom khaos on the 2 already going and the leaves look like some land before time shit.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby honkduh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:55 pm

kit fox wrote:damn, wrote a whole ass post and it got ate. probably for the best, here's the tl;dr: harvested the purple one, the new autos popped out of the soil already, they're in what will be their final container, auto is definitely in the big pot whoops, both are looking good after the topping. bloom khaos on the 2 already going and the leaves look like some land before time shit.

Nice. I grow outdoors. I currently have icicle, Dutch treat, strawberry fields & jack Herer. I just buy clones cuz I’m lazy & seed packs are expensive.
honkduh

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....