Rocket League

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby grayfox » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:26 am

People that can do that at that level spend too much time practicing that and have no game sense.
Air drag is an all or nothing play that leaves you too open if you miss. Anyone in higher levels knows how to save them. It's weird how they are better technically but still in the same level. Working on the wrong things.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby grayfox » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:57 pm

new leveling system is out. i went from 72 to 107 and am now a rocketeer apparently. i like the idea of getting a drop at regular intervals.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby marble » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:27 pm

grayfox wrote:new leveling system is out. i went from 72 to 107 and am now a rocketeer apparently. i like the idea of getting a drop at regular intervals.

that's wild.

and "clubs" which i guess is like a clan?

marble

Postby sleigh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 pm

grayfox wrote:People that can do that at that level spend too much time practicing that and have no game sense

I have a feeling a youtuber or twitch star started promoting them or something because it really is out of nowhere
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby marble » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:05 pm

i remember people pulling off ceiling shots immediately after they became a thing when i was around plat. it's completely stupid though because they don't do them when it makes sense, like going up the wall and doing them for no reason in 1s games. results in a counter 90% of the time.

marble

Postby Contristo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:42 pm

really, really wish there was a solo queue mode. played 7 doubles games in the new update as solo so far and ALL 7 were against a party.

some people just wanna pop in a game and don't feel like strategizing on discord. wish there was a mode for this. Overwatch does its best to match up evenly (all solo vs all solo; 2-3-1 vs 2-3-1) and so do other games. idk why this one can't do the same.

once you get to a certain level it's pretty impossible to advance, since you're just facing a bunch of duos that have very clearly synchronized their strategies (since they both have a median rank of very high) and gameplay. which is great for them, but the difference in gameplay between solo queuers and a party is prominent enough to warrant a separate mode.

Contristo

Postby marble » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 pm

Contristo wrote:really, really wish there was a solo queue mode. played 7 doubles games in the new update as solo so far and ALL 7 were against a party.

some people just wanna pop in a game and don't feel like strategizing on discord. wish there was a mode for this. Overwatch does its best to match up evenly (all solo vs all solo; 2-3-1 vs 2-3-1) and so do other games. idk why this one can't do the same.

once you get to a certain level it's pretty impossible to advance, since you're just facing a bunch of duos that have very clearly synchronized their strategies (since they both have a median rank of very high) and gameplay. which is great for them, but the difference in gameplay between solo queuers and a party is prominent enough to warrant a separate mode.

i sorta agree for fairnesses sake, but it would be horrible for small population servers, like oce, as it'd split the player base. finding a game is a nightmare in the higher ranks. i've managed to solo queue to champ 2, so it's doable. hell, sometimes parties are better to go up against as you get more points when you beat them!

marble

Postby grayfox » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:46 pm

It's pretty mixed..sometimes parties are good other times they suck. I don't mind not having a solo queue for 2s cuz 75% of the time I'm playing other solo queue people. I've climbed to champ 2 solo queuing also..it's a mixed bag but eh
If I'm partied with someone and chatting which is super rare we aren't ever saying more than I got it. I just see how the other person plays and try to support that style. Being more.cautuous when they're not as strong or trying to stay near them I'd they're looking to pass. And just rotating per usual.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby marble » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:31 am

fucking finally

marble

Postby marble » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 am

kind of tempted to buy the rocket pass for partly cloudy, probably the best decal in the game? am i a chump? yes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... an_wheels/

marble

Postby grayfox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:47 am

It's a pretty reasonable price for what you get if you've got the time to power through.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby marble » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 am

yeah i bought it =\

marble

Postby grayfox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:40 am

I'm debating but I won't be back in the US for another few weeks. So I have substantially less time to hit the goals. Plus I've just been using alpha console and like my setup.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby marble » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:23 pm

it's until november, and apparently takes roughly 100 hours to hit level 70, so i feel like it should be doable?

marble

Postby figaro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:31 pm

do you like still get the premium stuff from the tiers you've already passed if you decide to buy the premium thing later after you've already tiered up a bunch or do you have to start from the beginning again?

kinda just wanna gauge how much i'm playing over the next couple weeks to see if it'd be worth it to me

figaro

Postby marble » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:10 pm

figaro wrote:do you like still get the premium stuff from the tiers you've already passed if you decide to buy the premium thing later after you've already tiered up a bunch or do you have to start from the beginning again?

kinda just wanna gauge how much i'm playing over the next couple weeks to see if it'd be worth it to me

it's apparently linked to the new levelling system, so presumably not?

marble

Postby Seamus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:02 pm

so sick of rocket league updates. I just poured a glass of wine, got half an hour till my tv programme starts, I just want to throw on some music and play some rocket league but no, another fucking update
Thanks, admin.

Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

monkey d stiltzkin wrote:pure poppycock from Seamus yet again

Seamus

Postby grayfox » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 pm

yeah i hate new and free content that includes a bunch of quality of life upgrades. it took 4 minutes to download.

the new boosts aren't bad, the champ one is pretty.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby branzino » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 pm

I hopped back on this morning for the first time in about 6 months. Glad to see the toxicity hasn't changed!

branzino

Postby gallits » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:40 pm

yeah I've been playing Siege and this a lot lately and it's ridiculous how the game about killing people as police will ban people literally seconds after being reported for hateful language and the game about flying cars doesn't seem to have any real time punishment system whatsoever

gallits

Postby grayfox » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm

they're pretty good about banning people now, actually. the reporting system works, and i've had numerous confirmations that someone i've reported was banned. usually starts at 1 day, then grows longer with each infraction. but if it really bothers you, turn off chat, or turn it to quick chat only.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby gallits » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:58 pm

I've reported literally dozens of people for saying appalling things (very homophobic stuff for the most part) and I've never had a single confirmation that someone I'd reported was banned.
I thought about keeping it on quick chat only, but i quite enjoy chatting with randoms and screw the assholes.

gallits

Postby grayfox » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm

i'm probably batting like 1.000 in terms of reporting people for saying shit like that and receiving a ban notice, so, i dunno what to tell you. just ignore them. i don't find it worse than any other multiplayer game i've played.

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby sleigh » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 pm

yeah if im not a thousand im close to it

i sometimes say "reported" afterwards which may promote other people doing it too? other than that idk
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby grayfox » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:34 pm

ranked dropshot rules

grayfox
the foxiest

Postby sleigh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 am

I like the whiny babies btw. I’ve definitely won games i should’ve lost after stoking infighting
sleigh
ok

Postby sleigh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 am

Like glad you stopped playing to type out “shut the fuck up dipshit” on your ps4 controller; it’s 3-2 now
sleigh
ok

Postby kit fox » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:29 am

grayfox wrote:ranked dropshot rules

woah, didn't realize all this stuff that was in the update. i just played local dropshot and it was really cool, but frustrating because it seemed like the computer opponents were way better than any soccer computer opponents i've ever played and it'd be cool if they could up the opponent difficulty on soccer too. i don't play much online on account of the stuff already mentioned on this page.

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Seamus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 am

the glitch where the opponent's car is invisible is fun :roll:
Thanks, admin.

Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

monkey d stiltzkin wrote:pure poppycock from Seamus yet again

Seamus

Postby marble » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 pm

anyone psyched for RLCS tomorrow? feel like the OCE boys could go either way. hard to tell if chiefs have gotten worse since losing jake or tainted minds have caught up (TM is coming in as the #1 oce seed having felled chiefs each time they played). feel like they could both go far, or both go through not winning any games? it's a real toss up!

in terms of international teams, rooting for flipside of course. sad about scrub not making it.

marble

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley