HPN WEREWOLF #4: Village WINS 2nd place after GRAMMATRON

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby Alice » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:16 pm

If Slack is used again, there could def be improvements that would make it more stable.

* There should absolutely be a ghost free zone from the start.
* The moderator should be added to all private groups so they can keep tabs on all semi-public player activities.
* Ghostchat should still exist but they should operate with the same amount of info as the living to make it more speculative.
* I'd also highly encourage everyone to hide your online status so you can respond to things at your own pace.

Doing these thing would give it the same function as board PMs without the snail's pace and need to delete/organize stuff.

Alice

Postby VHB » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Alice wrote:If Slack is used again, there could def be improvements that would make it more stable.

* There should absolutely be a ghost free zone from the start.
* The moderator should be added to all private groups so they can keep tabs on all semi-public player activities.
* Ghostchat should still exist but they should operate with the same amount of info as the living to make it more speculative.
* I'd also highly encourage everyone to hide your online status so you can respond to things at your own pace.

Doing these thing would give it the same function as board PMs without the snail's pace and need to delete/organize stuff.

Fully agreed.
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby dr. badvibes » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 pm

when this first got going on the board i read the wikipedia of the game and the creator was quoted saying "if the villagers have pen and paper they will never lose" and i kind of feel like the spreadsheets and (moreso) the Slack double down on that

dr. badvibes

Postby bear » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:27 pm

did i win this yet
bear
good bear

Postby inspectorhound » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:29 pm

yes

you were the hoodlum

inspectorhound

Postby sleigh » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Edit whoops
Last edited by sleigh on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
sleigh
ok

Postby Alice » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 pm

dr. badvibes wrote:when this first got going on the board i read the wikipedia of the game and the creator was quoted saying "if the villagers have pen and paper they will never lose" and i kind of feel like the spreadsheets and (moreso) the Slack double down on that

Very good point.

Alice

Postby mcphee » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:03 pm

I mean the SK thing kinda ruined Alice's big bloodbath plan. Which was either my fault or fuckles' fault or Pierrot's fault or nobody's fault. The SK probably would've given the wolves a fighting chance, especially considering how "questionably" the village played for the first few days.
THIS IS TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE.

mcphee

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Smaller games will be better than rebalancing.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 pm

It's fun to play with a lot of roles, too, but that means the Aura Seer becomes too powerful.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke

Postby inspectorhound » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:08 pm

maybe get rid of aux seer?

inspectorhound

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Well, like I said, I'm gonna be doing smaller games, so there'll be less roles of all kinds when I'm running it in the future.

Luke

Postby sevenarts » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 pm

I like the idea of smaller games with less roles but I hope we don't entirely do away with the big games with tons of crazy roles. That stuff adds a lot of fun and unpredictability, even if in this particular game basically no one got to use a crazy role power.

Would be fun to one day try a game with a third faction. I've read that vampires are sometimes added and function that way.

sevenarts

Postby VHB » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:47 pm

One variation of the rules is the wolves turn a villager every third night instead of killing them. Seems like the obvious way to go if we were doing a vampire gimmick instead (or in addition).
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:01 am

sevenarts wrote:I like the idea of smaller games with less roles but I hope we don't entirely do away with the big games with tons of crazy roles. That stuff adds a lot of fun and unpredictability, even if in this particular game basically no one got to use a crazy role power.

Would be fun to one day try a game with a third faction. I've read that vampires are sometimes added and function that way.

Sc2 mafia has a third faction called "cult" which easily can be equated to vampires. I believe their default setting allows them to convert one person to cult every other night and have a max cult size of 1/3 rd the remaining players. They are a bitch to hunt down because they keep breeding.

They also eventually added a fourth faction called triad that's a mafia clone faction so you can have mafia vs mafia at night
mikey
Voldemort

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:02 am

delgriffith wrote:Yes, I actually wanted the trivia question to kill mikey. I'm a bad ghost, boo!

Lol at attempting to do this with sports trivia. Maybe if it was science trivia
mikey
Voldemort

Postby fox » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:16 am

would love to write some vampire lore

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby abs » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:12 am

apologies to all for my lackluster performance this time around. i was scheduled for seven days of work in a row literally the day that i found out my status as a wolf. hard to say if it worked against me or for me. i feel like if i was posting more i still would've been suspicious :P
☽ ☾ ● ◯ ● ☽ ☾

abs
Queen Witch

Postby VHB » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:38 am

No worries. Just hope you enjoyed reading your deathlore as much as we enjoyed writing it.

You were my Night 3 scan, actually. Should've waited a day apparently. :lol:

VHB
VHS

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 am

ABS I WAS ON TO YOU FROM THE START
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby Jarl Skeletal » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:41 am

atomicbombshell wrote:apologies to all for my lackluster performance this time around. i was scheduled for seven days of work in a row literally the day that i found out my status as a wolf. hard to say if it worked against me or for me. i feel like if i was posting more i still would've been suspicious :P

you weren't so lackluster when you were ripping my head off :x
greasefire wrote::

pablito wrote:im never dtf and always keep it covered

Jarl Skeletal

Postby kid8 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:42 am

kid8 wrote:I don't want to hear any crying when Abs unhinges her jaw and starts gnawing on them bones. Not a word.

we hardley knew thee.

kid8
killer

Previous

Return to Board Games