HPN WW #5: Welcome to Rajada

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby good pups » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:10 am

one thing that i think is really effective for villages with specials is to have minor little pretend squabbles and accuse each other on purpose but then kind of move on

i think with people like amp we felt that they had to have some kind of role because they were missing from the action but not really getting called out

but then people like guy incognito and IH we just had no idea about and felt like it was too big a risk to target, because they would get more heat from confirmed good guys

good pups

Postby good pups » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:11 am

not that those were pretend accusations (though weren't some of guy's?) but man, if ALL the villagers were always fighting with each other and accusing each other in public, wolves would just have no idea where to start

good pups

Postby good pups » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:13 am

oh yeah, that makes sense. there were so many roles that i barely knew who had which role till like a few days ago. werd made a spreadsheet but i always forgot to check it.

good pups

Postby can't » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:13 am

You don't have to explain that again. I watched it all happen in real time. Which is embarrassing enough but true. I know exactly what happened and how it played out. I'm not belaboring your decision as mod or any of the consequences. Just so I'm clear. Whether you were thinking about moderating knowing he was blackmailed, (which seems likely given he was asking you if he could talk) makes no real difference to me at this point. Our ever expanding house of cards was just waiting to be toppled so.

edit: just a fun fact. I think I remember either wanting to or actually advising against trying to claim roles and maintain a long con. But it was very fun to watch and made me proud, knowing exactly how much work was going in to these gambits, and watching them succeed even momentarily.
Last edited by can't on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

can't

Postby good pups » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:14 am

(the spreadsheet wasn't just to identify the roles we had, of course)

good pups

Postby werd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:40 am

good pups wrote:oh yeah, that makes sense. there were so many roles that i barely knew who had which role till like a few days ago. werd made a spreadsheet but i always forgot to check it.

for the record Alice made that spreadsheet, I just helped keep it updated
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby iambic » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:23 am

delgriffith wrote:- I think there's a reason Jugdish never trusted iambic, even though iambic was mad about that.

del, you've said this a few times now, despite the fact that Jugdish told me later he did trust me and had no doubts I was good; he just wanted to isolate himself from everybody. when I finally reached out to him, he actually tried to prove to me that he was the Medium, as if I were the one who would need trust in the relationship.

you seem to have taken this very hard, so please, don't hold back. tell me the reason Jugdish didn't trust me. or maybe Jugdish can? also, I wouldn't have "severed" ties with you (or palmer) except for the fact that I died. if I had lived through that night, I would have been talking to everyone I was talking to prior.

iambic

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:14 am

Iambic I want to mend the broken ties in our e-friendship
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion

JUGLIFE
ok

Postby delgriffith » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:27 am

These are Rajadans who died, died!

delgriffith

Postby CashForGold » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 am

Kind of lonely today without ghostchat. Anyone want to do a spectator Slack for this all star game?

CashForGold

Postby john plainman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 am

CashForGold wrote:Kind of lonely today without ghostchat. Anyone want to do a spectator Slack for this all star game?

/giphy withdrawal

john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby sevenarts » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 am

CashForGold wrote:Kind of lonely today without ghostchat. Anyone want to do a spectator Slack for this all star game?

we should set up a room in the regular hpn slack for this.

sevenarts

Postby sevenarts » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 am

sevenarts wrote:

we should set up a room in the regular hpn slack for this.

Actually, I just did. #ww-spectators

sevenarts

Postby CashForGold » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Is it private? I feel like it should be something the active players can't read. Also it would be nice if ghosts could participate as long as that doesn't step on Luke's toes.

CashForGold

Postby lordofdiapers » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Easily the most satisfying part of this game was all the people who reached out privately to tell me I was wrong or that I had hitched myself to a bad wagon while I just chuckled to myself and played dumb the entire time. If you want a clear cut strategy for any werewolf game just pretend you're dumb because everyone else will assume you are.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby sevenarts » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:10 pm

CashForGold wrote:Is it private? I feel like it should be something the active players can't read. Also it would be nice if ghosts could participate as long as that doesn't step on Luke's toes.

I set up a new private group now. Anyone who wants to spectate with us, DM me on slack for an invite. I'll let ghosts in after they die if Luke agrees.

sevenarts

Postby lordofdiapers » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Also sleigh post the mod journal!
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:25 pm

RAJADA

palmer eldritch

Previous

Return to Board Games