WOLFMANS 15: RETURN TO RAJADA ~DAY 2 ENDS 7PMEST~

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby bigcat » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Jodie Smalls glances at her Apple Watch while she washes her hands at the sink. 10:30 at last--time for Skylar to go to sleep so Mom can unwind in the bath. She turns on the bathtub faucet, tests the temp, then pads across the hall and looks past her son’s half-open door. The room is dark except for a faint glow emanating from the bed. She taps lightly on the open door.

Skylar pops out from underneath the covers, holding a flashlight. He squints.

“Mom, can I ask you something?” He's not a kid prone to preamble.

“Mmmm…sure, Sky. But then, bedtime.”

“Mom, uh, people at school are saying things about our family, not nice things." He looks guiltily at her face and pauses. "But actually like not nice things....”

“Oh honey, I know how kids can be. But you know your dad and I both love you very much...”

“No, it's not about Dad. Uh, not about my dad, about another, uh, other ones...”

Jodie’s nostrils flare slightly and she looks straight at Skylar. “Look, everything’s fine, honey. Everything will be okay. You're okay."

She walks over and ruffles his hair. "You okay?”

Skylar nods mutely and dives back under his covers.

“Goodnight, Sky.” Jodie shuts his door with a click, sweeps into the bathroom, and locks the door behind her.

Steam's rising from the tub tap, wafting up to mist the dozens of terraria that dangle from gold hooks in the white stucco ceiling. One hangs off-kilter--Greg used to knock his head against it when he shaved.

In the mirror, we see Jodie's reflection reach into the bottom bathroom drawer, grab a jumbo box of Q-Tips, and root around before pulling out a professionally rolled joint in its plastic case, a cactus-shaped zippo, and a purple bullet vibrator.

The heat from the bathwater starts clouding the mirror from the bottom up, until we can only discern the tilted terrarium in the top corner. The sound of flowing water stops, replaced with a mechanical buzz. The last reflected terrarium fogs over.

bigcat

Postby separator » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:21 pm

4:59

Bryn stared at his phone and back to the email he was finishing. Clicking send, he ripped his phone charger out of the wall, threw the empty seltzer can into the trash, and snatched his backpack.

5:00

Before the first Dave Matthew's song finished playing through his earbuds, he was out of the office building and into his Prius. Cruising down the perfectly smooth asphalt, he stared out towards the big box stores and corporate restaurants the lined the streets of Rajada..... not a head shop in sight. "Bummer...." he thought. "This place is so unchill."

He lived on the fourth floor of his building but liked taking the stairs. "That's enough exercise for the day, right," he thought as he plopped himself on the couch. Putting on his favorite Jack Johnson deep cut, he lit the joint that had been waiting there for him. "Ah......another day, another dollar"

separator

Postby fox » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:10 pm

iambic wrote:universe

I am a firm believer in past lives, and although my training suggests to me that this person has once been a dogshit idiot, I do need a case to be made here.

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby iambic » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:14 pm

oh that was just Humor. I'm sure tomato is totally above board and on the level.

iambic

Postby werd » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:49 pm

man that brothel was not impressive, good thing I use sheepskin condoms

lets try this place out

god this place is disgusting

alright then, can I get $10,000 changed please

christ don't they have higher value chips?

ok then how about this

fuck this place, I'll put everything on 0

right

back to the brothel then
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck

werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby inspectorhound » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:09 pm

what are the best fast casual restaurants around here?

inspectorhound

Postby fox » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Charley Xof Murphy walks to the mailbox, pondering his mortality, as usual.

He opens a letter addressed from the estate of his great aunt, Eunice.

Inside, there is a check made out for $10M dollars.

His first thought is not happiness. It is: How am I going to keep this from the radicals in my department?

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Late in the night Floyd New Mexico staggers down the central business strip, both drunk and flying on a mixed cocktail of uppers. Those little_yellow_different pills that made you feel just the same. He slumps over a bit but his forward locomotion does not falter, and his gait misdirects him into the street. Steam rises from a storm drain in the dark silence that is only disturbed by the echoes of his shuffling footsteps.

A dim pulsing light begins to emanate from the drain, coloring the fog emerging from it first yellow, then blue, then pink, and so forth. Floyd stops, really not on this planet at the moment to appreciate the display fully, but coherent enough to be flabbergasted. A low humming sound begins to fill his ears, faint, but getting louder. He feels a rippling vibration in the pavement beneath his feet, which begins to grow in urgency as the humming increases in volume and in pitch. Stronger, louder.

And then the humming sound disappears, along with the vibration, and the lights. Silence resumes in the empty city street.

Floyd jumps with a start as a dog, or is it a coyote? or is it a wolf? sprints by him, down the center of the street, panting. He watches as it runs down the avenue, then makes a left turn onto the state highway, headed out of town.

He stands there for a while, motionless. Then he resumes his shuffling stroll toward The Palace.

palmer eldritch

Postby Sutro » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Guillermo Sanchez walks into the grocery store tentatively. He peers around for any sign of federal agents and quickly grabs a large package of totillas and some other essentials before silently paying the cashier and heading for the door. He doesn't even wait for his change.

Sutro

Postby fox » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Charley Xof Murphy speaks, discreetly, with his financial advisor.

You should consider investing in local chain stores, he advises.

fox
Prime Galoob

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:22 pm

That night Floyd New Mexico slept, fitfully dreaming.

Under a blue sky punctuated with white clouds, in a clearing of tall grass and bright orange yellow flowers, he saw a road paved with ashen colored skulls and bones, that lifted off from the ground, and the path went onward into the sky, supported by nothing but air.

In his dream, he wore a white tunic and a crown made of hay and feathers. He stepped onto the path, and walked along it, up into the sky, and as he walked, he saw that the road terminated at a large cloud with an opulent stone monument, with stairs leading up to a rectangular hall surrounded by cylindrical white obelisks. Inside it, a man sat upon a granite throne, muscular in build but face obscured by shadows.

He stopped at a distance and gazed into the darkness containing the outline of the face, for an uncertain amount of time, before the man spoke.

'I am the One Within the Mountain. I am the Desolate King. I see all seven days of the Earth. I see all deeds. We will meet soon, O Young Tiller.'

A figure of a woman appeared beside the Desolate King and walked to Floyd, holding burnt orange box. She handed him the box, and then reversed her steps back to her place at the side of the throne. A mist surrounded Floyd New Mexico, sweeping him away from this place.

palmer eldritch

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 pm

"Am I misremembering? Could it have been Rajada and not Adajar? No, that can't be right. I'm sure of it," Flowermoon reasoned to herself. It all seemed so vaguely familiar but completely opposite in some ways. What had happened to her that night? After spending so much time pondering the past, she had to think about her present condition. She needed food, but in Rajada View Estates, you can't rely on charity from the snobs that populate the resort.

But wait! When Brenda had left David and headed to Adajar, she took their life savings and buried it in the desert to keep him from getting it any of it in the divorce. Flowermoon had seen her bury it and knew how to find it, if only it could still be there. Had it been uncovered during all the development around town? She heads down to look for the palm trees in the shape of a W but now findsthem in the shape of an M.
"Why can't I remember anything correctly," she muses as she begins to dig in the dirt.

After about a foot, she feels her fingers hit against something hard. Excitedly, she digs faster only to find a briefcase instead of the handbag that her mom had buried. But the briefcase looks familiar, too - much like the one her father carried to work everyday. She flips the latches and is overjoyed to find hundreds of thousands of crisp bills staring back at her.
"Surely, I'll be able to track down mom or dad with this kind of dough."

She closes the case and takes a long look at the shops and restaurants that line the streets.
"Fuck mom and her hippy shit, I'm going shopping! But first, I'm going to hit up the Olive Garden because I need some unlimited breadsticks."

The Unblinking Eye

Postby grammatron » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:59 am

Hey friends, Brangle Drummond here again. Just wanted to clear up a little confusion about this here land I'm occupying. It is my land. The government does not have the right to take the land from the people, and therefore I have reclaimed the land for our, well, for my use. I've heard rumblings in the community that I am some sort of freeloading degenerate, and I tell you what, that could not be further from the truth. Nothing burns my toast like those moochers who simply live off the contributions of others without giving back themselves. It makes me sick, frankly. If anyone wants to make a stand here on my land with me, my dog Jemp, and my goats, well, I'd welcome the company. But when the day comes that the tyrannical government decides to attempt to take back this land, if I must stand alone, so be it.

grammatron

Postby grammatron » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:14 am

I'm sorry, I don't mean to dwell on this point, but the truth is I'm slap eat up over this land issue. Show me in the constitution where it says that the government has the right to just TAKE acreage away from the people? The people of Rajada? The people of anywhere!? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the constitution start with the words WE THE PEOPLE? Not WE THE GOVERNMENT. I don't know about you, friends, but I'm FED UP. If the tyrannical government wants to come and take this land by force, so be it. I'm prepared to go down fighting. They won't take my guns or my land without taking my life first. And if they take my life, well, then the whole country is gonna know what's going on here. Now I don't want it to come to that, obviously, but I refuse to give up. I've sent letters to several family members (my brothers Jancy and Noot, my cousin Darden, and his dad, my uncle Flem, but with instructions for them to gather up whoever else they can), but even if they don't make it here, I hope I can count on you fine folks to stand with me when the day comes.

grammatron

Postby inspectorhound » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:15 am

Google "Jackson Hole water rights"

inspectorhound

Postby Kaputt » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 am

hello Don Johnson here, owner of Ties, Ties, Ties and Cufflinks. Buy a tie, a second tie and then a third tie and we'll give you half priced cufflinks. No suit is complete without a righteous tie and some gold 'links.

Kaputt

Postby Kaputt » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 am

Business is booming at Ties, Ties, Ties and Cufflinks. Hopefully I can find an assistant so I can kick back. Does anybody know where a smart gentleman may find some organic weed and some home chewed nacho cheese topping?

Kaputt

Postby bongo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:54 am

grabbing a grunt ?' imposiblle
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby wendy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 am

wendy

Postby adamtrask » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:01 am

Christ, what a ninny, thinks Maxwell. If that bellowing buffoon had any sense sense, he'd just pay off the politicians instead of boring us with his inane hollering.
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.

adamtrask
funny boy #1

Postby bongo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:45 am

the bard in this town is a fraud! fire him!!
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby grammatron » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:51 am

Y. Roc, Brangle Drummond here. You seem like my kinda fella. Why don't you bring a few of those Suds Lites around my ranch later on and I'll introduce you to my goats.

grammatron

Postby adamtrask » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 am

Excuse me, um, Consul, is it? You seem like my kind of fellow. Perhaps you'd like to visit my estate for a spot of amontillado sherry and some opera LP's?
Stuntman wrote:The party's over and we're just the people who are too drunk to drive home and everyone is fighting over who gets to sleep on the couch.

adamtrask
funny boy #1

Postby surly » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Attn: night owls. Turns out i gotta go to vegas to speak at a conference about how tipping in the service industry is wage slavery. Anton is gonna be manning the radio station, so if you have any requests before the sun rises send em his way!
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby bongo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:22 pm

adamtrask wrote:Excuse me, um, Consul, is it? You seem like my kind of fellow. Perhaps you'd like to visit my estate for a spot of amontillado sherry and some opera LP's?

lets politic. i am going to need to break objects

bongo
man in hammock

Postby bongo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:20 pm

13 fernets today. someone help me find mutton

bongo
man in hammock

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Floyd New Mexico awoke and sat up sharply in his bed, drenched in sweat. Heart racing, dizzied. He looked over at the white night stand next to his bed, normally barren aside from a small digital clock and a lamp.

A burnt orange box had been placed there.

Fearfully, Floyd slowly reached out to retrieve the package. He opened the lid.

Inside the box was a Golden Apple. The voice of the Desolate King echoed in his head... 'Eat of this fruit and taste the life eternal.' Then a bellow of laughter.

'See you tomorrow.'

Floyd threw down the box and ran to the closet, sloppily threw on what could acceptably be called clothing, and fled down the stairs.

He ran through the streets of Rajada with his face twisted in terrified aggravation. He sprinted down the city's sidewalks in the morning sun. The skin on his forearms began to bubble and ripple. He began to fade and flicker, becoming translucent.

Floyd New Mexico ran screaming through Rajada Views Estate.

palmer eldritch

Postby can't » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 pm

OOC post I want to killfile about 2/3 of these Rajadans

can't

Postby fuckles » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:41 pm

im a bear
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby can't » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:35 pm

I want to work for WTV. As a successful developer and purveyor of content I feel that my qualifications are strong. If you need to replace anybody, I'm your man.

Justin Keiller
Founder Command.oi
Last edited by can't on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

can't

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games